Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • So, going back a bit, where do you come from?
  • RustySpanner

Going back a couple of generations, I’m English, Irish, French, Spanish & Flemish.

Beat that you mongrel swine. 🙂

darrell
    Free Member

Dad’s parents are from good Lancashire mining stock and me Mam’s are from Guersney and Scotishland

anokdale
    Free Member

I can be traced back to an Irish bloke from County Mayo and a Russian lass that met in Portsmouth many moons ago.

I am personally from the Peoples Republic of West Yorkshire exiled to South Wales with two kids both born in Hereford from a Geordie mum.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Co. Derry.

JEngledow
    Free Member

We think that our surname came over from Scandinavia with the raping and pillaging Vikings although my anscestors were probably dull and did more cooking than pillaging!!

TheBrick
    Free Member

1/4 Inuit, 1/4 Aboriginal, 1/4 Pygmy, 1/4 Mayan and 1/4 Welsh.

TheBrick
    Free Member

100 % C……….

boxfish
    Free Member

Me – Bristol
    Parents/Grandparents/Great grandparents (except for 1) – Wales

The exception was my maternal grandfather’s father who was from Zummerzet (which may or may not explain my liking for cider).

Legend has it he was one of them druid types (which may or may not explain my beard)

slimjim78
    Free Member

mummy’s tummy

solarpowered
    Free Member

I would like to say British!
    But, my mum and dad are from England, the surname is from ireland and some of the odd genetics (i.e. coeliacs disease) i believe is from the netherlands (where i get the blondie looks from !)and the coeliacs disease of course!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Born in Florida to English parents.

solarpowered
    Free Member

mummy’s tummy

you guys are the salt of the earth – lovely! Absolutely lovely! 😀

bruk

Mostly Scottish, partly English with a smidgen of French in there.

Son has all that plus some Welsh and Cypriot blood to go with the added bonus of more Scottish blood too!

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Me: English, Scots, Manx, smidgeon of French.

Missus: English, Welsh.

Not a bad mix 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is a parish in darkest shropshire where one part of my family are from. Traced back well into the 1700s. Mainly illiterate peasants called Martha.

Also west county / Cornwall but a tad of German and Londoner

loddrik
    Free Member

Scouse, although dad is Glaswegian, and both sides hail from south west Ireland a couple of generations back.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Some Normans invaded Ireland – did some raping and pilaging – met some Scots – married some locals and here I am!

oldgit
    Free Member

Don’t know who my dad was. But Cornwall on my mums side.

DezB
    Free Member

Dad’s side – very English, though there are rumours (which I deny) that my surname has Scottish roots.
    Mum’s side, half Welsh, half South African.

yunki
    Free Member

mostly transient Devon and Somerset farm labourers for at least 2 or 3 generations (beyond my great grandparents)

my Granny on my Dads side however is a very dusky descendent of the Currie Clan.. my old man was a Weegie..

bencooper
    Free Member

Scottish-born English/American with Scottish/German/Swedish/Jewish ancestors a couple of generations back. Daughter adds Japanese to the mix.

zoota

If I remmber it right romanian, irish, scot & english mixed blood line going back to my granparents
    If what I suspect is true then I would be the same as my half sister poss full sis
    and that would be romanian, irish, pakistani & english mix.

chiefgrooveguru

Mostly Yorkshire – going back to the 1300s.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Bleak grim Fauldhouse crossed with London and Fleetwood by way of Fife with a dash of Western Isles a wee bit further back flinging me out in Clackmannanshire.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

TheBrick – Member
    1/4 Inuit, 1/4 Aboriginal, 1/4 Pygmy, 1/4 Mayan and 1/4 Welsh.

You’re not the best at maths are you? 😆

tomhoward

On my dads side- Huddersfield since just before the dawn of time.
    On the mothers side- her mum is a Geordie and dad is from portsmouth

andytherocketeer

english and irish (and probably US, but not sure where that fits in to the line at the moment)

vorlich
    Free Member

Out my mum’s arse. Obviously.

matt_outandabout

Born in India to a scouse mum and a Notts dad, but way back Cumbria border area, with the border rievers of Gunn clan…

igrf
    Free Member

Cockney

samuri
    Free Member

Mum’s family was from Yorkshire going back quite a bit, Bronte country.
    Dad’s was from Lancashire going back a few generations, Irish before that.

But my name can be traced back to 1066 and the arrival of the French.

Keando

mum – 1/2 Indian 1/2 polish
    dad – English but with some scottish background somewhere in the past

jakey6873
    Free Member

Born in Scotland, one parent Scottish don’t have a clue about the other, grandparents from Ireland and Germany via England o

carlosg
    Free Member

Yorkshire going back to the mid 1800’s when part of the family came from the Northampton area , but it’s obvious looking at my family that we’ve come from all over the place. My grandma/dad/sister are obvious Viking stock , my grandad has a very mediterranean/north african look about him.

Mrscarlos family is mentioned in a pre doomsday book census and we only live 3 miles away from the area they lived in way back when.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My Pa is from Dublin my Ma is from Ashby dela Zouch or some such place

chewkw
    Free Member

Ancestors once ruled the most populace country in the world during the Tang Dynasty then the Mongol invaded … centuries later seeds were spread South … Now I am in a strange land called GeordieLand. Wahey man! 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

1/2 Irish 1/2 English but traced back to a Viking Chieftain. Originals came over from Normandy with William the conqueror. Small wonder that generations of my family have been military.

ton

great grandma on my mums side married a roma gypsy, they came to england from dublin.
    great grandad on my dads side came from east coast of scotland.
    some relative of his, either dad or grandad came from norway.

maccruiskeen

Cornish, Kentish, Cockerny, Welsh, Glaswegian Dwarf, Irish Black and Tan, and another dwarf who was married to a soldier and lived in the tower of London. The two dwarves were conflated as being the same person on the family tree for a while, not because they were dwarves but because the were both exceptionally foul tempered.

Spent some time on the Kent marshes with my dad this year, we were down there for a family funeral, travelling a few miles from Stroud to the coast you go back a generation every 1/4 of a mile or so. Near Cliffe he told me about an ancestor who was a coast guard who had a rail bogie with sail on it. If the wind was favourable he’d sail to work along the railway line. Anyone unfortunate enough to be labouring in the fields when he finished his shift would be roped into pushing him back home again.

AndyF1
    Free Member

Ethiopia.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘So, going back a bit, where do you come from?’ is closed to new replies.