Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • snowboard boots needed – any recommendations?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

alright, i need some more boots before a trip in jan. anyone know of any good sales on at the mo, not bothered about having the latest ones. thanks!

(by the way, did i imagine that CRC started doing snowboard stuff?!)

alfabus
    Free Member

ones that fit your feet…. ignore all style, colour anything like that* – try on as many as possible, and get the ones that FIT.

You’ll know when they do – I tried on about 15 pairs, the ones that actually fit me stood out a mile.

* You’ll be cursing the pretty colour when you are crippled in the afternoon on your first day.

Dave

theflatboy
    Free Member

oh yeah, cheers but i’ve been boarding a while. need a new pair as my current ones are worn out!

alfabus
    Free Member

in that case, you know they need to fit 🙂

get thee to a real shop and try some on – buy them online if you can find them cheaper once you’ve found the fit.

My boots are Nitro something or other – they’re brown (blimey, that’s how my missus talks about bikes!!)

Dave

theflatboy
    Free Member

i do indeed! fair point about trying them on in the flesh, although i know my size pretty well in burton, northwave and vans by now!

i’ll look out for some brown nitros!

jamiep
    Free Member

I’d never buy boots online, but if that’s what you want to do:

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk
    20% OFF EVERYTHING. Ends October 31st. Code: 20OFF.

Creg

Might be worth checking out your local TK Maxx. I was in mine a couple of weeks ago and spotted some Salomon, DC and ThirtyTwo boots. Shame I have stopped riding otherwise would have had a pair.

theflatboy
    Free Member

cheers, gents. 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

think there’s a TK Maxx near me, actually. will take a look – would never have thought to look there!

flip456
    Free Member

salomon boots fit me perfectly plus the lacing system, makes them a breeze to remove at the end of the day. just go to one of the big shops/ shows and try a load on.

GrahamS

ones that fit your feet.

+1

But FWIW I quite like boots with the Dual Boa laces.
    (little dial and wires rather “proper” laces)

Makes them fast to get on and off, means you can adjust the top and bottom half of the boot independently (on the dual system), and makes it trivially easy to loosen them off while stopping for lunch etc.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘snowboard boots needed – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.