• This topic has 30 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Snoop Dawg and that – Why do they do it?
  • kayak23

I mean, money, obviously but surely Snoop isn’t short of a few Benjamins?

This is just embarrassingly bad and surely must hurt his ‘rep’ in his ‘hood’ and all that?

It has to be more than simply money surely that makes these celebs do these things? 😂

See also..

and…

Anyway, more power to their elbows for doing what they want. Just makes me 🤔 a bit.

breadcrumb

Yeah I did wonder the same with the Snoop Dogg one, hardly gangsta’ is it.

hols2
    Free Member

It has to be more than simply money surely that makes these celebs do these things?

FIFY

hols2
    Free Member

What I want to understand is, why do people fight to get jobs which require checking your self-respect at the door?

sands
    Free Member

^^^^ See also:
    Why do retired boxers get back in the ring?

a) Because they’re broke
    b) Because they need the money

kayak23

Snoop ain’t broke fo reelz

aP
    Free Member

I’m assuming cash and it raises his profile for those 30somethings who used to buy his music 15 years ago and might feel like reminding themselves of what it was like before children. So helping Snoop pick up some more cash.
    It’s not like he hasn’t been a parody for about 10 years anyway is it?

colournoise

This is the one that I really can’t get my head around…

funkmasterp

I reckon Snoop could be getting paid in food. The munchies are a powerful thing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Much of PIL’s best work was funded by those Country Life ads.

zippykona

John Lyndon funded Pil from that advert

halifaxpete

Same goes for the Hollywood A listers who do the shitty pretentious aftershave ads

fingerbang
    Free Member

Worst by far…

I was genuinely embarrassed when I first saw this, although Iggy never made any money back in the day I suppose

martinhutch

This is the one that I really can’t get my head around…

#watchpeopledieinside

Pigface
    Free Member

Often these ads will never be seen in their home country, so wont hurt cred, hip hop/rap is so money orientated I doubt he cares that much.

As has been said Lydon got PiL back and running.

DickBarton

Agreed, very strange…annoyingly I like the sound of the Snoop ads…so clearly it is working on my simpleton brain for some of it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think that is some of Snoop’s finest work.

The subject matter speaks to me in a way that his tales of being a ghetto gangbanger never really could.

I’ve alway liked his style but couldn’t really connect with his content.

Until now.

lucien

It’s the fame more than the money, all exposure is good exposure….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ignore the “famous” bit for a moment. They’re all just freelancers to a greater or lesser extent, you’re just more familiar with their work than most. To be fair a day spent doing a car advert is probably quite lucrative compared to 6-month spent making a film and being paid as a percentage of the profit that it may or may not make.

Would Binners have done the same if Just Eat had phones him up asking for a new logo despite his long standing association with Gregs?

As others pointed out, being cool doesn’t keep the lights on, even less so if you were cool 30 years before instagram likes and youtube made it a monetizeable asset!

boomerlives
    Free Member

It’s the money. Just money. Snoopy Dog has done loads of ads.

In the US it’s astonishing the names that do crap ads.

Tom Selleck does equity release ads. George clooney sells awful mock coffee. Even J.K. simmons, who I considered a real actor sells naff furniture.

It’s expected, it pays the bills.

MSP

Snoop was an “artist” for a few years in the 90’s and has been a celebrity ever since.

dyna-ti

Snoop was an “artist” for a few years in the 90’s and has been a celebrity ever since.

I think thats a case of necessity rather than anything else. Folk have to pay the bills and there are plenty of musicians and actors who haven’t managed to keep the job going and end up washing dishes living in a caravan.

kahl
    Free Member

Always thought it was their booking agents, managers, hanger ons etc pushing them into it. Must be difficult making a living when your superstar client is loaded themselves and hang up their boots so to speak. Got to keep that 12% commission gravy train moving. These type of gigs pay well and are short duration.

maccruiskeen

They’re all people who perform for money – its their job.

Its like asking why someone turned up to work today – they turned up for work all last week already so they can’t be needing the money.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

It’s money and the money needed to support your lifestyle.

I have friends who are very successful musicians, but most of their income comes from syncs and royalties these days, as streams pay nothing and actual sales are very low. I suspect Snoop is the same – he’ll make most of his money from royalties, and even then, he’ll have to give a large portion to his record company/management/taxman.

De Niro is more of a mystery; I can only imagine he has a very expensive lifestyle.

JP

hols2
    Free Member

De Niro is more of a mystery; I can only imagine he has a very expensive lifestyle.

He has a lot of business stuff going on. He’s apparently quite honest about just taking on any shit to raise money to fund his other stuff.

cookeaa

I’m sorry but if you don’t appreciate the true genius of “wanton on a catamaran” or “tacos to the chateau” there is no hope for you…

As “selling out” goes Snoop has done it better than most…

elsketcho
    Free Member

Have you seen the price of high quality weed?😀

tinribz
    Free Member

Can’t think why they do it,

In 2017, the Daily Mail reported that George Clooney’s status as brand ambassador earned him $40 million from the drink company

Oh.

dc1988

Snoop featured on a Katy Perry song years ago, I think he’s already lost his rep

tdog
    Free Member

Because lockdowners need munchies too

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Snoop Dawg and that – Why do they do it?’ is closed to new replies.