Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Smallish Gas Barbecue – Go Outdoors or something else?
  • oldtennisshoes

Yes I know I can cook in the oven but for various reasons, I’m considering a gas barbecue. I seem to remember that there was a Go Outdoors model that was recommended – but what else is worth a look.
    Ta.

jimdubleyou

Weber Q range pick a size to match your requirements. Ours has lasted longer and more abuse that some cheaper brands we’ve had before.

marp
    Free Member

a second for weber q. We take ours camping, use it most nights throughout spring / summer, have moved it from Oz to here and it hasn’t missed a beat.

Can cook everything on it from fry ups to roast dinners…

mrlugz
    Free Member
    nickdavies

How small? Love my cadac safari chef for that, brilliant little gas cooker bbqs nicely too and really portable. Possibly not what you’re after but worth a look

sharkbait
    Free Member

Another vote for a Weber Q.
    We’ve got three (one Baby and two normal size) and they’re great.

Rik
    Free Member

For the Weber Q how long does a gas bottle last typical use.

I can’t decide between the more portable 5kg bottle or the more normal 15kg bottle?

db

Had a Cadac Safari for a few years in the camper and it is fab. Never use the cooker inside these days as its so versatile. Ours is the LP version so it runs off the same gas bottles the camper does (better than the cartridges imo).

When/if it ever dies will buys another in a heartbeat.

jimdubleyou

For the Weber Q how long does a gas bottle last typical use.

We probably use it 3/4 times a week in the height of summer, maybe once a week in the spring/autumn. All week if we’re camping.

I’d guess at the 5kg bottle lasting almost a year of our usage.

Rik
    Free Member

Wow cheers Jimdubleyou that sounds perfect and a lot of useage!

Small compact 5kg bottle sounds perfect for home and travel use then

oldtennisshoes

Thanks guys – stuff to think about.

molgrips
    Free Member

Go Outdoors have a great range regardless.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Smallish Gas Barbecue – Go Outdoors or something else?’ is closed to new replies.