Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SLX Cranks With chainring?
  • woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

Has anyone seen 12 speed SLX Cranks for sale with the chainring? I’ve mostly seen them listed without a chainring, but thought I saw one place setting with chainring the other day. Now I can’t find it. It was notably cheaper with the chainring.
    Unless it was just an error?

chiefgrooveguru

I was looking into this about a week ago and noticed that they always came without a chainring. I guess if they’re with a ring they’re surplus OEM parts.

qwerty
    Free Member

Buy without a ring and then buy a Unite chainring which looks much better than the stock Shimano ring and is lighter (you’ll also need a direct mount chainring locking too to fit).

Chainring V2 – Shimano Direct Mount

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/tools/shimano-tlfc41-adapter-installation-tool-y13098720/

qwerty
    Free Member

PS – I have a 30t Unite ring with 20miles on it in silver if you fancy it (I went 32t).

intheborders
    Free Member

When I bought a set at Christmas I couldn’t actually find any retailer listing both, at all. In the end I got the cranks from my LBS and the ring online, as the LBS couldn’t get the ring…

BillOddie

The Merlin ones on the above link are brown box OEM jobs.  I bought a set they indeed come with a chainring but NOT the lockring tool nor a BB (not a surprise) in case you were wondering.

The After market blue box ones do come with a lock ring, at least mine did.

b33k34

I’ve been buying lots of chain sets by mistake. Have finally got what I wanted but if anyone is interested currently have

XT 175mm 52mm chainline
    XT 170mm 55mm chainline
    SLX 175mmm 52mm chainline with ring.

All need to be sold and you can have them for a bit less than you can buy them anywhere else plus postage.

b33k34

I bought a set they indeed come with a chainring but NOT the lockring tool nor a BB (not a surprise) in case you were wondering.

The After market blue box ones do come with a lock ring, at least mine did.

Whether with or without ring, blue box or OEM they should ALL come with lockring and the plastic cap that tensions the bearings when you fit it. None are sold with the tool (I bought a blue ano “Risk” one on Ebay for about £7)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SLX Cranks With chainring?’ is closed to new replies.