Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SLRHUT Anyone used them?
  • juggins

Evening folks
    Spending a meagre inheritance (yes, I am quite bitter) on a new dSLR, SLRHUT seem to have to good to be true prices, has anyone got experience of them? Good or bad.

Thanks

EddieFiola
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve used them lots of times.
    My advice is to haggle the price and for fast postage.
    Otherwise it takes about 10 days to arrive.

What you buying?

juggins

Canon EOS 80D with a 18-200mm lens

Cougar

They’re grey imports, aren’t they? Good service and well regarded, but not UK models if you care.

(Assuming I’m remembering correctly, anyway.)

simonpedley

I used them and they were awful! I bought a canon dslr and lens set. Initially everything was fine and then I started having shutter issues. At first they didn’t want to know, but eventually they agreed it was faulty. It was a nightmare to get the camera send back and money refunded. They refused to pay postage, but promised some accessories instead on the condition that I wrote a good report on trust pilot. What they sent was cheap tat. I went to john Lewis to buy a replacement and got perfect service, even though it cost a bit more.

zap
    Free Member

try hdew cameras, based in Colchester. they are grey imports service is superb, I’ve spent about 10k with them over the past few years they quite often offer 3 years warranty.

geetee1972
    Free Member

If you want a hassle free bargain, buy a second hand camera from a reputable retailers like Wex or Park Cameras. You’ll get far more for your money and you’ll still get a six month warranty.

juggins

mmmm, thanks for that might need to think about it a bit….

monde
    Free Member

Friends in the past have had trouble with SLR hut. Faulty product on arrival and had a nightmare getting it back to them.
    Can second hdew but have also recently had good service from e-infin after recommendations. Big ebay store but cheaper through their website.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SLRHUT Anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.