Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sliding vertical bike rack
  • dropoff

Hi, has anyone sourced the parts and constructed their own system for bike storage instead of buying a complete rack ?

alan1977
    Free Member

following

thought about buying the stashed products kit before now

dropoff

Yes Ive seen those but the price seems to rocket when you need a 6 bike version. Buller seem ok but are all out of stock.

stumpy01

Good info here.

Garage bike storage

I have a list of bits I should buy from rollincenter to replicate the system that Ogg created.
    Just not got round to planning it, ordering the bits & getting it done.

tthew

I build a telescopic rack for the back of my van, photo below doesn’t really show the detail, but the track is made from a folded metal U shape channel called Unistrut and there are cartridge bearings that roll inside it. Would easily mount to a wall or other structure, the only thing you’d need to concoct would be some kind of hook/bracket to attach the bearings to.

DSC_0080

dropoff

Cheers that Rolling center is a good resource.

jwh
    Free Member

Yes – I built a 10 bike hanging system in my garage.

Image: https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApWxLFzQYaHZgbZdCj83pXTA-JIL7g?e=hRBcku

I used these items from here: https://www.rollingcenter.co.uk/products/Rolling-Center-80Z-galvanised-monorail-track

Rolling Center G80Z Track Joint Bracket G80Z

Rolling Center 80G non-galvanised monorail track 80G

Rolling Center 2 RC 2 Wheeled Carriage with Bracket 2RC

I made some of the hanging hooks from 8mm threaded bar and wrapped inner tube around them

Works really well – you can’t twist the bikes round, but i have no need for that

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

I’ve done a similarthing to JWH. 10 bikes, 3 or 4 if which get used quite regularly and generally have enough space around them to be pulled out quickly, and the rest are pushed closer together most of the time (top n tailed to be even more space efficient) but when we need one of them it’s juat a few seconds sliding the others along to make space where it’s needed to get a different one out. Cost a touch over 100 quid I think, but I bought hooks rather than making them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.