Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Six Nations Championship 2016
  • anagallis_arvensis

Nothing

anagallis_arvensis

Nothing

onehundredthidiot

Thought he was lucky with the first one but the second one, when I saw it, made me wonder what the difference between a tip tackle and a dump tackle is.
    To be fair the contact itself is good, if he’d driven through then OK but he stand which means he’s never going to be able to control the situation.
    Is the tip tackle law about the man tipping or being deliberately tipped?

onehundredthidiot

– The player is lifted and then forced or ‘speared’ into the ground (red card offence)

– The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player’s safety (red card offence)

– For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

anagallis_arvensis

The second one on James is worse really. Both together should have been yellow imo. The high tackle on North was just a pen, how it was missed is beyond me

ferrals
    Free Member

Second one looks a lot worse in those animations. Mind you I thought Liam Williams was lucky to have the ball where it was as it cushioned him a bit. Would have probably had a bent neck if not!

Definately should have been a yellow if not a red, citing perhaps?

duckman

First one red,throught the 90,second one not as much in it,player doesn’t ever have control of him. One of the things panels look for is the player having control over the oppo at any time,even if he loses it. In the first he does,the second it is almost a bounce tackle. A citing for the first one I would think.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Quite a lot of high tackling this weekend and more than one “contact” with eyes!!

Liam was lucky not to be hurt in the first one.

Can’t quite understand the grumbling – ok, several errors and botched chances in all matches, but for a first weekend pretty good entertainment. And all the tries… 😉

anagallis_arvensis

First aand second considered together? At least yellow imo.

ElVino

If it was the other way round I’d have been screaming at the telly for a card. So yes at least a yellow. I was also delighted to see Not Toby take the ball out of the scrum and barge over for a try as all I could see happening from that passage of play was a penalty try and yellow for our TH.

I actually thought Ireland were OK, way more offloads and line breaks than normal. I thought Zebo was a breath of fresh air compared to Rob Kearney at Full Back.

What has happened to North, have people managed to work him out or is he out of sorts. I’m not saying he is bad he just doesn’t seem to be the player that lit up the championship a few seasons ago?

anagallis_arvensis

North isnt the player he was after the concussions. That said he’s not being put into any space either.

tinybits
    Free Member

but surely he’s now playing for wales, not that shower up in the midlands?

richmtb

I think there was more rugby played in 10 minutes of Ire / Wales than in the whole Sco / Eng.

Really disappointed by Scotland’s performance. England didn’t look a good side but they were good enough to beat Scotland who really did play poorly

I think the Six Nations title this year is definitely between Ireland and Wales

IdleJon

all I could see happening from that passage of play was a penalty try and yellow for our TH.

I’m not sure that Garces would have given that, in light of his reluctance to give penalties and cards against Ireland in other passages of play. My gut feeling is that given another scrum he would have found a reason to give the ball to Ireland.

surfer
    Free Member

I though Wales looked ragged for at least the 1st half. Solid in defence but made a number of errors that brought the pressure upon themselves. Ireland didnt look very threatening in attack other than one or two moment.
    Roberts was colossal! Lydiate came on late and didnt appear the Lydiate of old.

Wales lucky not to be penalised for at least 2 clear forward passes and both incidents were tip tackles under the rules and should have been penalised as such.
    Warburton must have been livid!!

England didn’t look a good side but they were good enough to beat Scotland who really did play poorly

I think the Six Nations title this year is definitely between Ireland and Wales

I didnt see any evidence of that. Neither Ireland nor Wales looked impressive. Early days yet and any of those 3 could could still develop some form.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That was more RWC – much better to have a dedicated 6N thread – plus an overflow for any bickering contentious stuff 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As above, time for a dedicated thread

mattyfez

As a Welsh, I’d say it was a great match, there were some errors on both sides and I think Ireland played a little bit better, I put a fiver on Wales and got even odds, so I lost my fiver, but I was on the edge of my seat the whole game, and to say we drew with Ireland in Ireland.. Well I’m pretty happy with that.

DanW
    Free Member

Ta!

I’d vote for that too. Keep the season’s rugby in one thread and stick to the existing one to avoid the overlap

jambalaya
    Free Member

One thread better as I said already. In general there are too many threads on similar topics. Fortunately I saw none of the matches nor any highlights.

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Six Nations Championship 2016’ is closed to new replies.