Home Forums Bike Forum Sir! Chris! Hoy!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Sir! Chris! Hoy!
    BoardinBob

Gutted to hear the news. I’m inferring a tabloid had the “scoop” and was about to break it. Sobering reminder that even the healthiest of people are not immune to the awful disease

scotroutes

For those who don’t know yet, it’s cancer.

winston
    Free Member

You’re joking – that’s so ************

FFS I know it’s wrong to think this but there are several people in the world who this news would only bring me joy and it’s so unfair it’s not them.

Houns

If anyone can kick its arse it’s him.

racefaceec90

i wish him well for a full and speedy recovery (and anyone else who is suffering from it).

convert

Given that the man has said he did not want this public and is only commenting because some scumbag media outlet forced his hand I wonder if we should pass on our best wishes then move on.

pondo

That’s a real shock – best wishes, if there’s anyone who’ll push 100% to beat it, it’s him!

“For the sake of my young family, I had hoped to keep this information private but regrettably our hand has been forced.”

From the Beeb – that’s just shit, what happened to the right to privacy? :(

tomhoward

What sort of apocalyptic thundercnt decides it’s their responsibility to tell the country that someone, they don’t know and have zero connection to, has cancer?

As above, if anyone can beat it…

bigdean

Sad news.

An ex colleague has had a really rough few years with the big C. Good news is there seems to be a turn for the better.

Wish him and his family well and hope they get left alone.

martinhutch

“For the sake of my young family, I had hoped to keep this information private but regrettably our hand has been forced.”

Absolute scum behaviour. I wonder which newspaper it was? I assume one of the Sundays, since he’s put it out on the Friday so the scumbag writer involved doesn’t get the splash.

ham
    Free Member

Am I allowed to say **** Cancer, here?

ham
    Free Member

(clearly not ;) )

Speshpaul

A massive chunk of love to the big man.

franksinatra

Terrible news today that he has said it is terminal, 2-4 years to live. And then, as if life hasn’t dealt him a shit enough card, his wife has an aggressive form of MS.

life is inexplicably cruel sometimes

sturmeyarcher

So much respect for the big man. The Sunday Times have an article tomorrow, an interview with Chris. The diagnosis is terminal. His wife has MS too. Words fail me.

https://apple.news/AlyUH-VN7REWc4zKh9JnriA

iainc

Shocking news tonight, prostate cancer really is a b……

tonyg2003

Such terrible news. At 48yrs old (I think) and with a young family. I really hope that he beats his diagnosis.

As for how the news has come out – which he seems to have been forced to announce before it was leaked. So many journalists are just pure scum. They would do anything for a story with no consideration of the people involved and their lives.

winston2005

Just seen this on sky news.

As others have already mentioned, life can be very cruel.

Thoughts with him and his loved ones.

dander

How sad. No words really but hope he gets as much time with his family as possible.

Drac

How very sad.

**** Cancer!

BoardinBob

FFS

I thought he was looking really well during the Olympics coverage and assumed he’d got the all clear.

Absolutely horrible news

didnthurt

That’s just such sad news. When my wife got his autobiography signed by him for my birthday, he was genuinely surprised that there was such a queue to meet him, despite the book signing being in the centre of Edinburgh, his home city.

What a nice, talented, intelligent and humble bloke.

robertajobb

Just seen this. How #£%£&.  Don’t really know what else to say.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.