Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • single chainring for middleburn crank??
  • feeal
    Free Member

Hey All
    I’ve just purchased a trials converted rockhopper which i intend to use as a fair weather xc bike as expected it’s wonderfully light and strong and has stopping power like a 44 magnum, hurrah! however it’s chainring is only a 22 tooth which while wonderfull on the acceleration does kinda limit the top end speed :)a little research seems to suggest only middleburn chainrings will fit but i’d hoped to put some miles in tommorow and doubt I’ll get one of those in time (or under budget!)
    I’m hoping to fit a 32-40 tooth front chainring still keeping the bike a 1×7 (rear cartridge/mech fitted and working beautifully)I realise I’ll need a longer chain and having recently purchased the bike, funds are short, hence my questions
    (1),do any other manufacturers produce chain rings that directly fit the middleburn crank?
    (2),are the five bolt holes on the middleburn bashgaurd compatible with any single chainrings? (blasphemy i know, but i could use it as an ugly spider for now).
    (3),does the lockingnut holding the bashgaurd undo clockwise or anti clockwise?
    hope someone out there can help,
    Feeal.

JoeNation
    Free Member

1. Not that I know of. Middleburn do some lovely one-piece 32 and 34 rings (make sure you get the narrow one if you’re running gears). Or get a Middleburn spider and fit any four or five arm chainring you like.

2. Not likely; those bolts I’m guessing are for a granny ring, so you’ll probably be limited to a 26 or maybe a 28.

3. Anti-clockwise (normal thread).

feeal
    Free Member

thanks Joe, grr, looks like I’ll be on foot for a day or so.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘single chainring for middleburn crank??’ is closed to new replies.