Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Silence Your Brakes.
  • singlespeedstu

I wonder if it really works?

http://www.swissstop.ch/SwissStopSilencer.aspx

BoardinBob

I’m sure I saw that stuff mentioned in one of the mags and they said it worked

aP
    Free Member

Shouldn’t there be a Stage 4? I’m sure I’d get no brake squeal if I removed the pads, cleaned them, sprayed them with swiss-stop, and then never re-fitted them.

Sandwich

Or like one of the Scouts ask for some WD40 to spray on the braking surface to stop the noise. He was bemused when the leaders wet themselves 😆

Eggbox
    Free Member

Interesting…although their UK distributor doesn’t seem to sell it on their website. Lots of brake pads but no spray 🙁

Richyb
    Free Member

Re: WD40 obviously I know not to get it near brake pads, but it also strips grease and disperses water doesn’t it? and most people seem to reckon its not much of a lubricant at all more of a solvent, so would it really be so bad to get it on brake pads?

mboy
    Free Member

Richyb – Member

Re: WD40 obviously I know not to get it near brake pads, but it also strips grease and disperses water doesn’t it? and most people seem to reckon its not much of a lubricant at all more of a solvent, so would it really be so bad to get it on brake pads?

Try it, you might like it 😉

Personally I like to keep my brakes as contaminant free as possible in order to make sure they work their best!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Silence Your Brakes.’ is closed to new replies.