Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Shower hose guides – is there a point?
  • pondo

Quite often when Mrs Pondo and I go away for the weekend, the shower hose will run from the bottom of the unit to a ring about halfway from the unit to the shower head holder – is there a reason they do that? They reduce the useful length of the hose by half without delivering any benefit I can think of, but I’m sure they wouldn’t do it if there wasn’t a reason. What, then, is that reason? I await your instruction. 🙂

cp

If it didn’t go through the ring, in many cases (ours for example goes up a wall from a tap then onto an adjoining wall) would just dangle annoyingly across the corner of the bath.

stuey
    Free Member

iirc – they prevent the shower head from getting immersed in bath water – causing ‘suck back’ when hot water is cut / electric shower turned off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Blazin-saddles
    Free Member
    stumpyjon

I think in theory it’s supposed to stop it being possible for the shower head to go under water in a full bath to prevent the chance of manky bath water vetting back into the drinking water supply. If that’s not it then it’s to hang your shower gel from.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Preventing thr bathwater getting drawn back in makes sense, but most showers are surely fed from a tank in the loft so youve already got an airgap?

Got to admit i havent fitted them in our houses for that reason, they make rinsing out the bath after washing the mud off a pain too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Just unscrew the shower head , feed back through the loop and use.

As someone whos taller than average ive got used to the shower head being in line with my nose or lower ( worse when abroad) so have got used to just using it as a spray bath rather than standing under it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Shower hose guides – is there a point?’ is closed to new replies.