Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Show us your road bikes….
  • john_l
    Free Member

Thank the Lord for that Cinelli 😆

GaryLake
    Free Member

No offence to sunchaser but I do fail to see where this thread went overly downhill from there… I can understand if someone opened with a tour standard piece of exotica and then we all posted our normal-to-quite-nice standard of bikes.

woodey
    Free Member

Needs new back wheel due to demise of a Campag hub….currently running a 10 speed shimano block with 10 speed Campag group! 😯

sunchaser
    Free Member

GaryLake – Member
    No offence to sunchaser but I do fail to see where this thread went overly downhill from there… I can understand if someone opened with a tour standard piece of exotica and then we all posted our normal-to-quite-nice standard of bikes.

No offence taken, even if I'm not sure what you mean 😆

GaryLake
    Free Member

lol, I just mean that as lovely as your bike is, it's not like it's a piece of TDF worthy exotica followed by a load of turds which John L seemed to suggest…

aracer
    Free Member

I get the impression John L just doesn't like carbon.

Kuco

Isn't the super six a TDF frame? I thought it was.

GaryLake
    Free Member

3rd bike in was my ally Cervelo, apparently the start of it all going downhill LOL

Edit:

Isn't the super six a TDF frame? I thought it was.

And so was the Soloist…

clubber
    Free Member

This thread is crying out for a Bianchi in celeste…

Happy to oblige. 🙂

Not a posh model but equipped with gear that works rather than being flash – Deda, Chorus, etc.

Best, most confidence inspiring road bike i've had and I've had a LOT of nice ones…

chrisrhayes

Talking of Deda, here's my Casseroll.

Campag Veloce mainly

john_l
    Free Member

Nothing against carbon (that Scott looks nice).

njee20
    Free Member

The Scott is one of the more dull looking things on here!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

samuri – Member

oh, and MTB_idle, your bike is too small I'm afraid

y'reckin? It's a 61cm frame and I'm 6'2"

It does look like I'm all over it in that pic but I just passed the 2,500 commuting miles mark on it this week having started in March and no complaints.

mingsta
    Free Member

Its gotta be the Pegoretti and the Cinelli for me. Its always the slightly different ones that stand out. I think you become desensitized to all of those £4K CF uber rigs once you've been on a few organised cycling holidays. Having said that, a De Rosa Idol would still do it for me.

Here's my trusty old steed…its had a varied life, from hopping potholes in south london to sampling the rarified air of the Alpes and Sierra Nevada. Wouldn't be suprised if I'm still riding this ol' bag of metal tubes in ten years time.

samuri
    Free Member

It does look like I'm all over it in that pic but I just passed the 2,500 commuting miles mark on it this week having started in March and no complaints.

That's fine, if you feel right on it. It does like a bit small for you in that picture mind.

That last shot from mingsta is ace, where's that?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

mingsta
    Free Member

That last shot from mingsta is ace, where's that?

That was the Col Du Galibier, you'll get to know that one pretty well if you ride La Marmotte! Its one of the most memorable climbs that I've ever done, though there are some equally stunning climbs in southern spain.

More pics here:

http://gallery114241.fotopic.net/c1073033.html
    http://gallery114241.fotopic.net/c1073035.html

rowemasters
    Free Member

Kysyrium ssc sl's look awesome on the seven 8)

Got a set ready for for my next build. Just gotta snipe the right raw alloy Cannondale……… 😈

BadlyWiredDog

mingsta
    Free Member

rowemasters, you won't be disappointed with the ksyriums. I've always gone for a good set of handbuilts as you can get a strong, light and easy to maintain wheel for reasonable money. But having been given those on permanent loan from my brother in law, I'd have to admit that I'm very impressed. They're noticably stiffer than my previous hoops, a big confidence booster when descending on the big mountains!

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Show us your road bikes….’ is closed to new replies.