Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Show us your bad presents
  • AlasdairMc

My great-aunt does quite well out of this. My mum got a plastic leopard print high heel, just the one, and was told it was a table decoration for displaying a bottle of wine. As one does…

tomaso
    Free Member

MIL got me a Campervan Cookbook with amazing new recipes like –

* English breakfast
    * Museli with yoghurt
    * Chilli con carne

It is clear she did not look inside but ticked a present off her list of people to buy for.

mudshark
    Free Member

My Gran seems to want to give me a worse present each year. Last year I got a pair of Lidl gloves but this year I got a small painting she’d done in a photo frame with the flip out stand bit broken off.

peterfile
    Free Member

My mum got a plastic leopard print high heel, just the one, and was told it was a table decoration for displaying a bottle of wine. As one does…

Amazing!

🙂

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve done alright this year but my Nan had a friend who used to give her presents back.

Apparently this ladies birthday was in August and for years my Nan used to give her a present that she would receive back at Xmas.

Took her a couple of years to suss it out but, one birthday present she sent were some chocolates and she drew on the corner with felt tip. Yep, that Xmas they got sent back.

mightymule
    Free Member

Mr Mule gave me a blu-ray player.

Under most circumstances this would be a brilliant present. Unfortunately it didn’t work quite as well as it could have done, because I gave him a blu-ray player too.

Great minds eh! 😆

walla24
    Free Member

Waller, are we related?

thepurist

Mrs Ps nephew gave her a plastic photo frame containing 3 pictures of the baby they had in September. One of them is even in focus… Just what we wanted!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A Jeremy Clarkson book of MsD’s brother and sister-in-law.
    MsD could hardly keep her face straight..

mattbee

We got a cheque for a decent amount of money from my wife’s nan. Only the amount in numbers didn’t remotely match the written amount and the name was a mixture of my wife’s and sister in laws, spelt completely wrong…

MrOvershoot

SIL gave me this! TBH its sort of funny!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Blue stratos aftershave off the wifes gran. Might come in handy for stripping paint or keeping the local cats out of my gardens!!!

barty81
    Free Member

£10 Primark gift card Yay!!

sbob
    Free Member

I got nice gifts!!! 😀

brack
    Free Member

Oh you ungrateful lot !!

From my partner- a wrapped packet of angel delight..

Main and only present from my brother in law- ‘a drumstick lolly’

To say I’m ecstatic really would be an understatement !!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Must have been the only one’s left in the shop!!!

singlespeedstu

You seem to be confusing bad with truthfull. 🙂

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

👿

GrahamS

Mrs W got a bottle stopper from Ann Summers – now in the wheelie bin.

I’m not sure that was a “bottle stopper”

vickypea
    Free Member

I thought the plastic “bronze” bird bath was the best until I got to the plastic leopard print high heel wine holder!
    We didn’t get anything awful, the nearest was a scarf off Mum that was “British Airways check-in desk” style, (as opposed to a nice stripey woolly one), totally not my style.

singlespeedstu

chunky.
    If you don’t want them slippers i’ll have em.
    I can wear them when i’m posting on here. 🙂

bazwaldo
    Free Member

surfdad
    Free Member

A robot patterned chefs hat too small. Will never be used and is even too crap to go in the kids dressing up box.

My 8 y.o. and I have concluded that next birthday/Christmas we have to provide the grandparents with a list!

ratadog

And if that doesn’t work the next step is buy the presents and send them the bill.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Do I win £5?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

MsD’s brother and sister in law bought me Jeremy Clarkson’s ‘The world according to’ – i sat down today and dutifully tried to enjoy it.

I lasted 5 minutes, after a rant about letting people park where they like in order to ensure small town prosperity & a denial of climate change the book was hurled across the room!

The bloke really is an absolute tool.

ocrider

jambourgie – Member

Do I win £5?
    Only if you think you can honestly resell it at that price!

Just got a onesie here. From Primark with a Nordic pattern across it. It’s actually quite tasteful 😳

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Show us your bad presents’ is closed to new replies.