Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Show off your Banshee Spitfire
  • matther01
    Free Member

Preferably in mint green. Getting the n+1 itch…and its not going away. Your pics may end up being a little torturous.

Anyone know what BB it takes BTW?

goodgrief
    Free Member

73mm bsa.

I’m currently building a black frame in the living room but Saturday Kitchen is getting in the way!

matther01
    Free Member

Nice. What wheel size and forks you running?

Been trying to get a hold of a blue or orange one…but they’re like fairy dust, so going to have to go 2015, but at least I get the inline option.

Saturday kitchen? I assume you mean your wife is getting in the way making you bacon butties and not the TV programme! 😉

chiefgrooveguru

It’s had a few tweaks since then, much smaller bash, slightly smaller chainring, shorter cranks, longer mech, wider bars and front tyre is now the same as the back. Mint green is the 2015 colour isn’t it? Looks good!

volatilemike
    Free Member

Just built it about 2 weeks ago. Superb. Probably should ditch 2.5 dual plys but Im too lazy.

Only thing with the cane creek shock is that I’m not someone who likes to mess around with loads of settings to get it perfect. So at the moment it feels ok at stock settings. I liked the raw colour best this year, I was very lucky to get it though as there are hardly any in the country (due next year) which my LBS was going to have as a demo bike but they said I could have it. 😀

Anyway:

davewalsh
    Free Member

Oh go on then, here’s mine at the back o’Skiddaw:

kendo954
    Free Member

Just built a rune if ya want a pic of it?

Looks the same 😉

goodgrief
    Free Member

The new black frame is to replace one of the rare orange which *ahem* died.
    https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/600973

I’m afraid I’ve got a taste (sic) for weekend cookery programs!

matther01
    Free Member

^^^ so was it a warranty replacement or you loved it so much you needed another?!

Do like the black and seen one on vitalmtb with yellow crossmax enduros that looks really nice.

goodgrief
    Free Member

Warranty job, excellent service from Pedals Cycles in Edinburgh to get me the new frame in less than a week.
    Will get some pics of the new build loaded if photobucket stops playing up but it’s looking pretty stealthy.

volatilemike
    Free Member

The demo one I rode was the stealth. Its really nice, but I just preferred the raw one.

out of interest, what makes you like the mint green one over the others? I dont really like it myself, everyone’s tastes are different though. 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

Already have a ti frame, so raw would be too samey…
    as would the black as I currently have a stealth bandit. TBH I should have bought an orange one when I had the chance. The mint reminds me of a Pace HT in ‘morris minor’ blue I saw a few years ago and is a bit different. If they did it in Rune green then that would have been my first choice.

chiefgrooveguru

Oh and I took the huge Stans rim decals off (which was really easy) and it looks uber-stealth now!

goodgrief
    Free Member

I would’ve had the green too, it’s a great colour. The mint doesn’t do it for me.

goodgrief
    Free Member

goodgrief
    Free Member

The last one was rather more photogenic

Shackleton

I can show you a Phantom in the minty/aqua green (much better bike anyway 😉 ).

It is quite a…..different….. colour, but is really nice. It is very grey green and looks much better in natural lighting than it does on the website photos, but changes with the light quite dramatically. The second photo is probably more representative of the colour most of the time.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/psnZYZ]401 bike[/url] by 10000 rivets, on Flickr

matther01
    Free Member

Both the black and mint look good…but now I’m wavering more towards the black. Think I’ll need to see one in flesh to decide. Guess if I buy the black the wife won’t notice I got a new bike!

You could have at least cleaned the tyres goodgrief.lol 😉

goodgrief
    Free Member

They’ll only get dirty again tomorrow!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Love it, can’t see me ever getting shut of it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

@ goodgreiff, out of interest why was your frame replaced under warranty? (If you don’t mind me being nosey).

goodgrief
    Free Member

It cracked on the gusset above the BB and when it was stripped down I found another where the top and down tube join behind the head tube.

caspian
    Free Member

The last one was rather more photogenic

Looks like some Alpine riding. Love the look of these things, more than the Rune for some reason. How did it handle alpine descents?

Wanty wanty

Edit: your post above might have answered my question!

goodgrief
    Free Member

Mine’s been the only failure AFAIK.
    I live in Innerleithen and I’ve had almost a year off work to ride bikes so you could say it’s had a hard life! I was aware of the crack on the gusset a while before my trip to Switzerland but the official response was to keep riding because it was just the powdercoat that had cracked. It developed fairly quickly into a clear warranty case and the second crack sealed the deal!

caspian
    Free Member

So in other words it was big enough for the alps, right?

(Making a conscious effort to talk myself into one)

goodgrief
    Free Member

Aye, handled most of it really well. We were doing a mixture of red/black dh runs at Verbier and singletrack at Sierre and Nendaz.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Fair play, you must have wrung its neck!!

Out of interest, is anyone running an ISCG device on a double crank? I’m trying to run a Blackspire Bruiser but when I’m on the granny the chain rubs on the backplate when I’m up on the top few gears of the cassette.

mactheknife

Caspian, the spitfire is awesome in the Alps if you are not doing mad bikepark stuff.

I did the Trans -Savoie on it in old school 26″ this year and it was an absolute beast.

Just got home after a last hurrah up Ben Lomond today and there is nothing this bike does badly in my mind.

matther01
    Free Member

OK…found a new frame from last year but wondered whether the dbCS is worth the extra €300 over a CTD?

goodgrief
    Free Member

That seems like a high premium but the ctd doesn’t belong. Sell it and order an Inline?

mactheknife

I have an inline on mine, very very good bit of kit.

matther01
    Free Member

I have an inline on my Bandit…but it won’t fit! Lol

dingleberry
    Free Member

As requested! 😀

Got it built up earlier in the week, but haven’t had a chance to try it out yet with work/rain. Hopefully giving it a go tomorrow!

Agreed the colour looks much better in the flesh, though I think that photo’s pretty accurate. And the mudguards are staying! At least til after winter…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Show off your Banshee Spitfire’ is closed to new replies.