Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Show me your' wall mounted frame/bikes
  • mikehopkins
    Free Member

I thinking about mounting my old Scott frame on my wall and I’m wondering how people do it. I’m thinking about some kinda wall hook.

Also want to know how it looks so if you could show me I’d be super grateful.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

No one has a wall mounted?

anotherstan
    Free Member

big al at garage bikes has an old muddy fox hung on the wall in the shop. it has a clock mounted in the bb shell. looks pretty good.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

it has a clock mounted in the bb shell.

That is genius. : )

d45yth
    Free Member

A tidy option would be those long, glass shelf supports you can get from most DIY shops.
    A bit like these:

or you could use these:

It will be easier to do if you’ve got solid walls. If they’re plasterboard make sure you get the right plugs.
    I had a few old frames I was going to hang at different heights from a vaulted ceiling. The frames were worth too much to keep for that though, so I sold them instead. 🙁

sc-xc

flamejob posted some great pics of his old place about a year ago…I have found the post, but you can’t view the pictures any more. IIRC he had frames and bikes all over the place (hanging from walls and ceiling). Very nicely done.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

made my own li’l frame hanger.

Sticks out a little bit uneven, but hey.

coogan
    Free Member

If that’s what floats your boat, then go for it. Personally think it looks pretty daft to be honest.

bigbloke
    Free Member

^^^ +1 i’m afraid.

dryroasted
    Free Member

You need some blackout blinds for the flag curtain, would be nice to do but too expensiv3 for me

theblackmount
    Free Member

‘Fraid that just looks like a brand new frame on a way overbuilt mount. The mount detracts from any visual effect the frame might offer…

Take it down, re build it, thrash it to breaking point (so it actually has a story to tell and the scars to prove it) then remount it set 150mm off the wall with a clear acrylic rod set in the bottom bracket.

Oh and you need a big room for this kind of thing 😉

pistonbroke
    Free Member

My main thought is that you must have grown out of it given the size of the frame and how high you have mounted it on the wall 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

You’re clearly single and trying to stay that way 😀

FWIW I’d rather have a framed photo of me riding the bike or a shot of it somewhere nice like top of a hill/mountain etc than the old frame stuck on the wall.

mikehopkins
    Free Member

You’re clearly single and trying to stay that way

I’m 18, that is my defence, to all of the above. : )

Digger90
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Show me your' wall mounted frame/bikes’ is closed to new replies.