Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Show me your Cove Hustler’s.
  • deluded
    Free Member

I would appreciate some ideas on a build – I’m wondering what the best forks might be? Currently considering Fox 32 140 Talas and Floats with 15QR or RS Revelations RC3T DP .

I guess average builds come in at around the 29 – 30 Ibs mark?

Thanks.

grahamt1980

Mine is bloody heavy, but then it has got domains on it and some heavy wheels.
    Need to lighten mine up really.
    I reckon the fox talas would be perfect and thats exactly what i am looking at for mine

jamesca
    Free Member

Mine is also quite heavy, it has 55ata’s on, well they were ata’s but they are now mostely rc3 due to the being the rubbish 08/09 stock. I transfered the forks from another bike but i’d look at revelations or 140mm 44RC3’s if i had the cash, I think 150 with a lock down for climbing or just a fixed 140mm travel would be perfect.

bruneep

Fox talas 32 15mm qr would be perfect, in fact I have a set in garage I’m gonna stick on the classifieds at weekend. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My Cove Hustler’s what?

deluded
    Free Member

bruneep – if they’re in tip-top condition I’d be very interested. Email in profile if you fancy giving me first dibbs! Otherwise I’ll keep my eyes peeled on the classifieds.

Most be some pics out there!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Hired this @ Grizedale a couple of years ago after my pitch was nicked 2 days before our trip .
    Was a very nice and SOLID bike ( was better after I set the shock pressure instead of over 200psi)
    It was very well spec’d
    Air u turn pikes
    Dripping in raceface kit
    XT
    Hope brakes
    Mavic ex721/hope wheels

Loved the colour too (sorry about the f’ugly bugger holding it ) 😕

grahamt1980

Think I have just got some air pikes for mine, just want to get some lighter wheels and I will be happy with it, not had the money to sort it out since I broke my meta ages ago.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Mine now with 150mm Revelations, DT1750’s etc (and 28.8lbs)

And an old pic with Pikes

Weight with Pikes & Halo rims/Hope Pro 2’s. Medium frame and shock is 7.5lbs, not light but a solid frame…

thehustler
    Free Member

Cant find a current pic, but built as follows

Bomber Z4 150mm forks
    Sram XO gripshift drive with racface rings
    mavic 317’s on home hubs
    hope m4 brakes
    Ibeam seatpost and saddle

pretty old build now but still rock solid

deluded
    Free Member

Cheers Guys – I like the green and orange Hustlers. I’ve bought a new black 17.5 frame and am looking forward to building it up. Trying to achieve a reasonably lightish overall weight.

john_l
    Free Member

I had a 2005 frame a while back, with Thors, Arches & a mostly XT groupset. Came in a just under 28lbs. Really nice bike.

nigew
    Free Member

Owned this 05 model

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    I ran it with Pikes set at 140mm and fairly burly wheels, it rode great until I snapped it! 😥

I instantly replaced it with an 08 in bright pink which I have foolishly sold to finance something else.

I couldn’t tell you the weights, i never weigh my bikes!

I dont think you will regret buying one, they are the best all round bike i’ve owned!
    I will be getting another once funds allow.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Owned an 05, 09 and 2010. Well built but heavy. Great with floats and pikes. Not sure I’d risk a domain on it tho. Ill pop some pics up later. Brilliant fun bike but expensive!

Kit
    Free Member

Car Park Cove by Ginger F0x, on Flickr

I didn’t really get on with mine, but I think in retrospect it was because the shock was bust. Also I didn’t really like the 1st gen Magura Thors!

nickegg
    Free Member

Larry………..give me a shout if you need some bits….can probably sort you out 😉

deluded
    Free Member

Cheers Nick 😀 – I’ve got most of the parts. I’ve had to buy a new seat post and front mech and I’ll have to convert the front Hope hub. My biggest conundrum is what fork – I need 140 (15qr/Maxle-lite), 1-1/8″ steerer with black lowers – I’m swaying towards a RS Rev or Fox Talas.

nickegg
    Free Member

I’ve been using Rev’s for about 3 months now….superb. Light, adjustable and stiff (but they’re the 20mm Maxle version). They’re 2010 RLT Ti with the Blackbox damper bought 2nd hand off here.

Fox and RS are pretty evenly matched now that RS do the dual position travel adjust. The old u-turn was a pain really.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

My first hustler with 120mm floats increased to 130mm

Second one with 140mm Revs

Finally my last one in lovely green with 140mm Pikes

Now gone and bought a Heckler.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I ran an ’07 for a while. Lovely bike, just too short for me. 🙁

Toight! by Pimpmaster Jazz, on Flickr

Hustler at Afan by Pimpmaster Jazz, on Flickr

Manitou Nixons, XT, King on 819s, Thomson – probably in the region of 29lb.

deluded
    Free Member

Cheers nigew, Kit, rumbledethumps and Pimpmaster Jazz – That’s got the taste buds going, can’t wait to get mine sorted out.

Pimpmaster Jazz – I find that reassuring. My Handjob comes up short in the top tube, which is perfect for me. I don’t like it too rangy.

PolisherMan

Got a 17″ going mucho cheapo if anyones interested. Had some “work” done but solid. 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Hi Deluded – if anything I found it shorter than the Handjob (I ran an earlier 100mm forked version and the newer longer travel version). I’m 6ft and ran the Hustler with an 80mm stem and layback, which didn’t make the most of its handling. I should have gone for the 19.5 with the benefit of hindsight, but it looks like a bit of a gate… 😉

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Show me your Cove Hustler’s.’ is closed to new replies.