Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • show me your Brodie Ti Holeshots
  • HansRey

hi,

I’ve read the reviews and the hype, spoken to Simon from Progressive bikes and i’m convinced it’d be a great do-it-all bike.

Now i’m looking to see pictures of other builds, and wondering what your opinions are?

cheers,
    HR

boxfish
    Free Member

If mine ever arrives, I’ll let you know. Grumble grumble…

qwerty
    Free Member

a mucher rarier beast is the as yet unglimpsed by naked eye, DB Alpine Ti………….

richc
    Free Member

well unglimpsed unless you look here:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dialled-alpine-owners/page/2

No built up pictures yet though.

Dino
    Free Member

DB Alpine Ti………….

Afraid its a copy of the brodie!!
    Right down to the tube sets, drop outs and rear brake mounts, re enforcer and the ISGC tabs.
    Headtube just slightly different in order to keep the lawyers out of the loop me thinks? 😛

The frames might look (unintentionally) similar, but the Alpine certainly isn’t a copy of the Brodie.

If you’re basing copying on similar looking tubesets then you could argue that pretty much every frame is a clone of another frame.

There’s also a lot more to a frame design to how it looks. Do the Alpine and Brodie have the same geometry? Are they designed around the same fork length? I wouldn’t know, as the only pics I have ever seen of a Brodie Holeshot are the ones posted on this forum.

Maybe the Alpine and Brodie are made in the same factory? Perhaps if Lynskey hadn’t declined to make this frame for us, it would have looked like a Lynskey, On-One, Cotic or Ragley instead?

HansRey

pics of your Holeshots please! 🙄

Dino
    Free Member
    Dino
    Free Member

Mike I could not agree more, so how about popping up the drawing with all the geo on rather than just the stat on this?

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

I think the Alpine (certainly the MkI) pays a nod and a wink to the Evil Sovereign.

I hope the Ti one comes off, it looks an interesting one to try. After a brief time with a regular MkI (before the tealeafs called) I’d really like to give it a go, weight saving and all. Have emailed TBC in case there’s info going.

Hi Mikev – Bubba’s MG is still going strong. Nearly bent myself proper falling off it last weekend and still to get round to rebuilding the second Kobe 😎

freeridenick
    Free Member

So there is a TI Alpine being made, I am muddled 😕

messiah
    Free Member

Luckily there are no pictures on this thread or would be needing new pants 🙄

Dino, the Ti Alpine has the same geometry as the 853 Alpine. I don’t know how that compares to the Brodie, but the info is in the public domain if you or anyone else wants to do a comparison between the two.

Freeridenick, there are 2 titanium Alpine frames in existence which were made to order for The Bike Chain in Edinburgh. If there’s enough interest to do a production run (40 frames) then they will be sold and marketed exclusively by The Bike Chain. If not, then the project will go no further.

Mark/TBC, if you’re reading this, the frames should be with you by the end of this week.

Right, I’ll crawl back under the rock I came from 😉

the_lecht_rocks

hi Mike – And welcome back.

interested in the Ti Alpine development.

keep us updated ?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Mike

Thanks for clearing that up. Better start buffing my Kobe up ready for a quick sale should they go into production 😛

ojom
    Free Member

Mike. Canny wait.

Will sort some kits out now.

richc
    Free Member

who is going to be making the Ti Alpine if it isn’t Lynskey?

scruff
    Free Member

WILL YOU ALL JUST STOP IT.

qwerty
    Free Member

heard the one about the Ragley Holepine?

Dino
    Free Member

who is going to be making the Ti Alpine if it isn’t Lynskey?

????

Geo is virtually the same if you compere the 2 frames for same travel fork
    @ 140mm!
    Be interesting to see if the dialled turns up with with 31.6 seat tube and angle of 74 degrees like the brodie? 😉

Gary_C

heard the one about the Ragley Holepine?

Or is it the Dialled Alpley??

mboy
    Free Member

Luckily there are no pictures on this thread or would be needing new pants

My sentiments entirely! 🙄

jameso

i like the headtube on the Dialled. XX44?

si-wilson
    Free Member

I can oblige with pics if you want 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

tbh wgaf if they’re very much alike, its Brit designers and Scootish shops sticking their necks out and delivering products that the niche crowd want, and in Ti at that, MBR will love reviewing them side by side, rad core to the max of sic in 650b

PS: mines a 15″ incher pleeeeeeeeease

If that’s the case Dino and geometry is also similar, we’ve been making the Alpine with that geometry since late 2006 (which can be verified in plenty of print seeing as Dirt mag did the 2007 Mega on the Alpine prototype and TrailAddiction did Everest in a Day for WMB on Alpines in 2008/9). What geo did the Brodie Holeshot have in 2006/7?

Alpines have always had a 74 degree seat angle since inception in 2006.

The tubing used on the Ti Alpine is off the peg (not custom drawn) as are the dropouts. Off the peg means it’s not mutually exclusive to anyone.

If Brodie (rather than one of their fanboys) think we’ve copied them, they’re welcome to get in touch.

But for the time being, these frames are just playthings for TBC. They may never see production.

si-wilson
    Free Member

If Brodie (rather than one of their fanboys) think we’ve copied them, they’re welcome to get in touch

I don’t think brodie are worried 🙂

FWIW The 2003 holeshot had a 74 Seat angle http://www.brodiebikes.com/2010/archive/bike.php?model=holeshot&year=03

As has been said before, there are only a certain number of ways that a frame can be welded together, and there is plenty of room for the Holeshot and Alpine!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

I’ve heard of dialled, not of Brodie so dialled win

mboy
    Free Member

LOL @ the degeneration of this thread… Typical STW forum these days! 😕

I can oblige with pics if you want

I’d rather a free frame, but go on… If you must… 😉

HansRey

i think this thread has failed to find any experiences of Brodie Holeshots. Pffft

si-wilson
    Free Member

To be honest hans Rey, there are not many Ti Holeshots around, and i am only aware of maybe three or four who are STW users.

IME the Holeshot is ace 🙂

One of the reasons I don’t come here often these days, mboy.

shepleg
    Free Member

Dino, do you work for hotlines/shedfire or something?

Dino
    Free Member

No Mate,
    Not a member of any STW fanboy club and dont work in the industry.
    Like others have said there is only so many ways you can weld bits of tube together and call it a bike but they are just so close it could be more than bit of plagiarism going on.
    Like the saying goes if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then its probably a duck .

mboy
    Free Member

Like others have said there is only so many ways you can weld bits of tube together and call it a bike but they are just so close it could be more than bit of plagiarism going on.

If I designed my own dream frame, totally the way I wanted it, down to every finite detail, and then had it built… Guess what, I’m sure without even realising it there would be many aspects of the frame that could be construed to look exactly like those of a number of other mass produced frames. It’s a bike frame, it’s pretty hard to be totally original these days (though credit to Brant Richards as all his creations always look like nothing else that has ever been before at least!).

Given that most bike frames are built in the far east these days, often many of them are produced in the same factories for a number of different companies. And I’d be willing to bet whilst there’s maybe dozens capable of producing something of good enough quality in steel or aluminium, there’s literally only a couple capable of producing something good enough in Ti. Which would then lead to the fact that the Dialled Bikes Ti Alpine prototype has quite literally been thrown together with many tube profiles already from other frame designs (possibly even the Brodie Holeshot!) as this is normal practice until small details are ironed out and a production run confirmed…

So as to the question who has copied who… Well nobody of course. The Dialled will literally be a Ti reincarnation of the Steel production frame that already exists (though as a prototype it’s probably borrowing some tube profiles from another existing production frame), the Holeshot has similarly already been around for a number of years previously in Aluminium guises. The Fanboi’s on here going nuts over minute details is laughable… Certain elements of so many different frames are going to look very similar, no matter who designed or made it! I mean, look at the car world, get in an Aston Martin and then a Volvo… You will see that all the switchgear, the stereo and the SatNav in an Aston is all lifted out of a Volvo! Does it actually matter though?

Anyway, back onto topic… Mike, the Dialled prototypes look very nice, not such a fan of the oversized headtube myself looks wise (but I’m sure it’ll be functional), and the high BB and short toptube of the Alpine don’t really suit my physique and riding style personally, but I know many that love theirs, so you should be onto a winner so get a production run going… And Si, please please please please please can you just give me a 17″ Holeshot Ti! It is the sex! I don’t think I have ever lusted after a frame quite the way I do this one. Every last detail is spot on, down to the beautifully curved headtube (with integrated headset) and the geometry (with lower BB and longer TT) is spot on perfect for me in a 17″. I want one more than you could possibly imagine! 😛

si-wilson
    Free Member

And Si, please please please please please can you just give me a 17″ Holeshot Ti!

Sure, how would you like to pay? 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Sure, how would you like to pay?

Well, I can do sexual favours, an IOU, or monopoly money, if that’s any good.

Suspect you’d be least disappointed with Monopoly money… 😉

si-wilson
    Free Member

Taken a few more pic’s of my own Ti Holeshot just to wind you miserable lot up 🙂

Brodie Titanium Holeshot by srbwilson, on Flickr

mboy
    Free Member

I order you to stop posting pics of that bike… Stop it now! It makes me very jealous, and I don’t think it’s strictly healthy to have sexual feelings towards a mountain bike…

If you need it long term testing though… I’ll make sure the review is favourable! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘show me your Brodie Ti Holeshots’ is closed to new replies.