Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Show me your BBQ’s
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Stevethebarbarian Your garden looks like the most child unfriendly place i have ever seen. I take it you dont have young kids. I would give my son 5 mins to either put himself in hospital running into the head height piece of rock slab sticking out or another 5mins to mange to crush his sister with the plant pot on top of the bricks. Looks very nice though 😉

Normal barbie from Argos here. Use it quite regular and now we have our own vegtables we and salad growing we have had some very nice evening meals sat on the decking with the kids

scotia
    Free Member

[/quote]If you want to learn how to do a BRAAI, ask a South African.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHh i thought when i left London i’d never here that word again…damn it im hearing it again and again now in my head…

mrsflash
    Free Member

sputnik
    Free Member

scotia, you might hear it, but can you SAY it? 😈

scotia
    Free Member

i never want to hear it said, or try to say it in my life again..bad memories

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

TheLittlestHobo

I don’t have kids, and never even thought of that aspect of it. There’s very often up to 10 kids running around in there – they even climb over the fence at the top of the garden. To date, no injuries at all I’m pleased to say. The plant pot is a water feature, with a fountain, mist maker and light(looks like flame at night) – too heavy for a kiddie to topple:

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Looks great Steve. I just know my son would find danger at the slighterst oppertunity in that garden.

Thats why i lock him in his padded cell every night 😉

donald
    Free Member

This S.A. v Australia v Texas v Peckham thing is all very well but the best barbecue I’ve ever tasted was Argentinian. They know how to cook meat over there I tell you.

An Asado

sputnik
    Free Member

donald, the south americans does seem to have a a bit of experience… 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

That Son of Hibachi looks just the thing I’ve been searching for.

DaRC_L

Ahhh from the ‘I wannt one of these’ web site:
    Please note that due to us Brits supposedly not getting the ‘Hibachi’ thing, UK Son of Hibachis are now called ‘Grilletto’.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at those Son of Hibachi BBQs, and also the Weber Go-anywhere – anyone used both and can give a comparison of their respective good and bad points?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Used a Go Anywhere for years and its very good but that Grilleto/ Sonofa bitch is pretty damn clever.

That’s some barbecue Donald but why are they cooking indoors?

plant
    Free Member

Having spent a few minutes looking at both, I know which one I would/will buy – OK, so it costs a bit more but it does seem to be more compact, bigger, quicker and user friendly.

Having said that, I HATE people who have bbq’s in their garden in residential areas. Beach, woods, field – no problem, but underneath my bedroom window in the height of the summer Grrrrrrrrr.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

YES WE ARE BOTH WEARING SWIMMING GOGGLES !!! 8)

donald
    Free Member

H-Bash – it’s originally a gaucho thing done outdoors but it’s now also done in dedicated restaurants. Some of Buenos Aires’ finest restaurants have these things in the window.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I HATE people who have bbq’s in their garden in residential areas.

You sound like a lovely neighbour!

If I lived next door to you, I’d have BBQs every single day. Even if it was raining.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Stoner – Member

Old oven racks and 10 bricks
    Keepin’ it real.

Ah Stoner, you understand the fine art ‘asado’ I see.

It is of course what Comandante Che would do.

And no one knows better than the Argentines how to grill meat. Typically they will have asados anywhere and everywhere, often in the street (as manual workers often do in their lunch breaks)

Only the very basics are required, as this street asado in Argentina shows :

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Show me your BBQ’s’ is closed to new replies.