Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Show me your BBQ’s
  • silverpigeon
    Free Member

Following an earlier thread – just had this beauty delivered today, can’t wait to fire it up.

Whose coming round on Saturday then?

chvck
    Free Member

It isn’t much but it works well!

GTDave
    Free Member

silverpigeon
    Free Member

chvck – That is the coolest BBQ I have ever seen

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

The post ride mobile one…

A gas BBQ. WTF’s that all about.?!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That is the coolest BBQ I have ever seen

You need to get out more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just got a new one of these, as it happens. Tidy.

sc-xc

this has made barbies easy for me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

LOL @ Son of Hibachi! That looks really rather clever, I like.

sc-xc

you light it with the sides closed, after 20 minutes it’s ready to rock. Small enough to take camping – big enough the other night when there was 9 of us at home.

It doesn’t stop me from burning anything I put onto it though 🙁

catfood
    Free Member

catfood
    Free Member

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Has catfood not understood how this works….

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Silverpigeon – thats just an outdoor gas grill.

If it doesn’t burn lumpwood charcoal it aint a barbecue imo.

That Son of Hibachi is the smartest piece of kit I’ve seen since the Weber Go Anywhere

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Silverpigeon – thats just an outdoor gas grill.

If it doesn’t burn lumpwood charcoal it aint a barbecue imo.

That Son of Hibachi is the smartest piece of kit I’ve seen since the Weber Go Anywhere

Must admit I thought hard before moving from charcoal to gas but do know that we’ll being BBQing much more now. I just think this will be much easier and less hassle. I know a couple of Aussies at work who cook outdoors almost every night in the summer and they have assured me I won’t regret it.

waihiboy
    Free Member

baaah thats not a BBQ its got fekin knobs on it!!

Gas is for gayers! 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Lot of love for the Webers. Cant beat them.

maxray
    Free Member

lol, hope its waterproof too for the weekend.

Never seen the point of cooking in your garden all summer. The odd time or out in the wilds yes but in the middle of the suburbs every summer evening, seems a bit pointless. :p

twohats
    Free Member

kevonakona
    Free Member

Got one of these it’s brilliant and i don’t burn things on it.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I went for one of these last year:

Lanmann Portable BBQ

For the simple reason I wanted something to take camping/out and about with us, but coudn’t justify spending too much cash. Works very well indeed!

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Pook

Haze

Moving soon & a BBQ is near the top of the list of things to sort – more inspiration please… 😛

HeatherBash
    Free Member

The Aga of the bbq world?

http://www.biggreenegg.com/eggs_XL.html

Stoner
    Free Member

A quick shot of mine out of the window:

Old oven racks and 10 bricks 🙂
    Keepin’ it real.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Mine went a bit wrong:

All those of you with flashy fancy poncy BBQs; chvck has pwned you all. That is proper class. And Stoner’s is pretty good too, although I suspect it is not actually his. Being a ponce, I’m sure Stoner will have the latest state of the art BBQ, probbly with automatic burger turning, and electronic heat control.

Few bricks and old oven grills are where it’s at.

therealhoops
    Free Member

courtesy of Morrisons. Their charcoal is very good, ready to cook in under 20mins but you’d have to pile it on if you were doing food for more than just a couple.

julianwilson
    Free Member

no pics but mine is a bit like chvck’s, only ineptly cemented together leftover bricks and paving stones. I would like to take credit for it but it came with the house, and is well sheltered, the right height and behind a little gate so fairly child-proof. Best barbie i’ve ever used!

sputnik
    Free Member

This is the ‘braai’ place at my parents house. Only use wood logs and it has never seen a pork sausage or burger patty.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s not a BBQ though? It’s a fireplace…

willej

sputnik
    Free Member

You are right RB, a proper outdoor ‘braai’ place. The word BBQ is so wrong (unless you refer to the sauce you squirt on burnt burger patties/pork sausage to disguise the black outer crust 😉 ). It is BRAAI where I come from. BBQ is the name the Texans or maybe Aussies use, but they only know how to turn on the gas.
    For using charcoal the Weber range are hard beat, and for portability that Hibachi looks very good.
    If you want to learn how to do a BRAAI, ask a South African.

tomzo
    Free Member

Few bricks and old oven grills are where it’s at.

Nah, top of the range bbqs is where its at, who wants to cook on a pile of old bricks, when you can cook on a nicely made one..(ok some of the brick bbqs do look good, but cfh’s bbq looks amazing)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

If you want to learn how to do a BRAAI, ask a South African.

What if you can’t/dont want to bung up a bloody great brick structure in yer back yard (provided you’ve even got a back yard)?

So, does everything tast much better cooked in one of those things, then? I can’t see where you actually bung the food, tbh. And is not it a tad tricky getting stiff in and out? Looks a right palaver, to me.

As for the BBQ willy-waving; the whole point is to cook stuff. does not in any way matter how flash the BBQ is.The poncy ones only end up loooking shit after a few goes anyway. And you’ve got to clean them etc. The simple brick ones, you can just leave, and get a few new bricks whenever necessary.

I’m going to have a scout about for some bricks this weekend. Plenty of building work going on round here! 😀

Shh! Don’t tell GrizzlyGus though…

grumm
    Free Member

That top thing isn’t really a barbecue is it – it’s just a gas grill really – no smoky charcoal taste to the food.

I’ve just got a cheapo one from Wilkos that works fine. That Son of Hibachi thing looks ace though.

sputnik
    Free Member

What if you can’t/dont want to bung up a bloody great brick structure in yer back yard (provided you’ve even got a back yard)?

Try this then:

‘So, does everything tast much better cooked in one of those things, then? I can’t see where you actually bung the food, tbh. And is not it a tad tricky getting stiff in and out? Looks a right palaver, to me.’

You have much to learn my son…

and yes, it does taste better.

No willy waving going on, just passionate about one of our ‘national sports’. I like the brick tricks’ of chvk and stoner a lot as well and have cooked many a braai on something similar.

sputnik
    Free Member

Oh, and StevetheBarbarian’s fire place looks very good too.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ooh, I like the railing-mounted one! That would work well on my little balcony. Where it is from, I buy it?

How on earth does food taste ‘better’,then? You using special wood or something?

sputnik
    Free Member

Well for starters with a big fireplace you can have more coals. You can then control the way you cook the meat much better by spreading the coals were you need them and add coals as you please. This results in being able to cook chiken, steak, lamb chops (yummm) at the right temperature (very important).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Show me your BBQ’s’ is closed to new replies.