• This topic has 70 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Shouting at car drivers – unexpected outcomes
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😳

yesterday 3 times in the space of two miles of heavy traffic an audi tt got far too close to me – once 6 inches from my elbow as it came past. So I shouted at it. Loudly and forcefully

Turns out to be the HR officer from my new job Apparently I gave her a right scare so I was told when hauled up infront of the boss for a “quiet word” 😳

yossarian
    Free Member

Excellent work! Did you apologise?

philconsequence
    Free Member

as much as i want to ROFL i can’t help but think she shouldnt have driven in a way that meant you ended up shouting at her…

i blame binners.

z1ppy

Did she apologise for her **** driving?

wombat

I hope that they had a “quiet word” with her for driving an Audi TT in an inconsiderate manner 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I apologised for frightening her. She did apologise if she got too close. I was very charming and polite 🙂

cinnamon_girl

😯

😆

Did you swear?

binners

I’d be miles better at shouting than TJ though Phil. It’s one of my favouritest, sweariest things in the whole wide world 😀

Cougar

I fail to see how what you do outside of work is any business of your boss’s. Should’ve told him she was driving like a male hen.

ski
    Free Member

HR officer

LOL, you don’t need to say any more 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Did I swear – yes. Effing heck

Bregante

now if you had been wearing a (full face) helmet, she wouldn’t have recognised you 😉

yossarian
    Free Member

I fail to see how what you do outside of work is any business of your boss’s.

Me too. I guess as it’s a new job and stuff but on the two occasions I’ve bellowed at twatty driving which has turned out to be someone I work with I’ve stuck to my guns. Easier if you’ve been there a while though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

but isnt TJ the only person in scotlandshire with an english accent cougar? thus making him instantly recognisable and therefor he must work harder outside of work to be a positive rolemodel and ambassador for the nhs.

i put my hand inside someones driver-side window as they nearly knocked me off driving straight at me overtaking some parked cars with no right-of-way… initially they hit the brakes thinking i was going to grab them but i just did the ‘international sign for somebody who likes to relieve themselves manually’ in his face. needless to say he stopped and let the riders behind me through as they had right-of-way anyway.

FOO’S DONT MESS WIDDA CONSEQUENCE.

emsz
    Free Member

Ha ha, can’t imagine you swearing TJ!

You should make her cycle into to work, then she’d know what it’s like!

binners

emsz has the answer. She needs a lunchtime tour on the tandem 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

binners

That wasn’t a euphemism either

wwaswas

She needs a lunchtime tour on the tandem

that a euphamism?

richmtb

I shouted WTF!! at a council lorry the other day when it squeezed me against some parked cars as it moved back to the left after only half overtaking me.

When I caught back up to him at the next set of lights the driver put down his window and apologised! Now THAT was unexpected

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sorry IF she got too close? You call that an apology?

No IF about it. She got close enough to scare a cyclist, repeatedly.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I only apologised for scaring her.

mustard
    Free Member

I was very charming and polite

😯

but isnt TJ the only person in scotlandshire with an english accent

– no we live in Edinburgh almost everyone has an english accent, even the Scots! – apart from me that is I’m desparatly clinging onto the last hints of my norn-irish accent 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I think I’ve posted this here before – my unexpected outcome was much like richmtb’s – shouted at a car as it went past, a little further up the road it pulled over. Uh-oh I thought, driver giving me some aggro – actually he’d stopped to apologise!

nbt

I wouldn’t have apologised. If she was close enough for you to feel the need to shout at her, she bloody needs to be scared

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Onzadog – to be fair I was not scared – annoyed and irked at being put in needless danger.

NBT – new job. Also I apologised for scaring her – not for shouting at her

IanMunro
    Free Member

Did you have your fingers crossed behind your back when apologising? 🙂

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cougar +1

kimbers

HR person drives a TT!, she must have fired a lot of people to earn that

(currently dealing with useless HR feckers at the moment, not impressed with them tbh)

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t get why the yr boss felt the need to have a quiet word. None of his business surely?
    If she’s sincere and drives more carefully in future then maybe something good will come of it…

juan
    Free Member

Well got in an “argument” with one of your fellow brits yesterday. Guy got way to close so I shouted and slammed the rear windows as apparently shouting wasn’t enough. At this point rather than saying the usual SMIDSY he told me to **** off…
    I think he did not quite expect me to shout back at him the way I did and chase him in the streets to kick his car the way I did. From now on I’ll never said brits are considerate drivers.

rs
    Free Member

I’d be more concerned that she actually complained to the boss about this 😯 Sounds like the sort that will be looking for any opportunity to pull you up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Not completely unreasonable rs – I am in a public facing position looking after vulnerable people. I certainly understand why she told the boss.

None of this was done in a formal way

aracer
    Free Member

I’m guessing it’s more the propensity to get angry and shout at people which is the issue rather than anything to do with what happens on your commute – hence the boss doesn’t really care how close she got?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

indeed aracer – because I deal with vulnerable people and they do not know me yet.

Both of them did say they are not cyclists but understand that we feel vulnerable on the road

aracer
    Free Member

Interesting in that case that you didn’t apologise for the shouting 😉

wwaswas

but understand that we feel vulnerable on the road

but not quite enough understanding to actually drive differently in one case.

Andy

so I was told when hauled up infront of the boss for a “quiet word”

Hope you took your union rep with you 😈

tbh does it matter that she is a boss?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Gosh, she must have been so scared, being in a locked 1 tonne metal box, all airbagged up and crumple zoned, it must have been terrifying. There’s no way I would have apologised to her for anything, new job or not. As an HR person, you would hope she would have some care for other people, but from her driving, clearly not. Imagine if she smashed into you and you’d been rendered unable to work? She should have been the one hauled in front of your boss.

RealMan
    Free Member

So have you wee’d in her shoes yet?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Shouting at car drivers – unexpected outcomes’ is closed to new replies.