Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Should I pay for my watch to be repaired or chuck it in the bin (£240 content)
  • matthewjb
    Free Member

woffle – Member
    nice. Old Omega's are cool –

That's very nice. I've got a special birthday this year. I quite fancy getting a watch as old as me.

Could you not polish out the glass yourself (I'm assuming it's not sapphire)?

woffle
    Free Member

Thanks, Omega Flightmaster, early variation on the c.911 (black infill on the hands, as per the 910 vs. the usual white) – I think from 1970. I wear it pretty much daily and it has yet to miss a beat.

As far as the crystal goes, aye, I could polish it out but I think it deserves a replacement. Shouldn't be to much to have it fitted (I've got a box of original parts for it) and I'd rather it was sorted properly rather than me fiddling about with it.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Thanks, Omega Flightmaster,… I think from 1970

The perfect year for me!

I've got a few big watches but nothing from Omega. Quite like the Speedmaster as well.

woffle
    Free Member

you occasionally find Flightmasters popping up on ebay etc – not as common as many of the older Omega models though. For a mint condition one you'll get stung a bit too – prices seem to have rocketed since I've had mine (a lucky local auction find).

They did a solid gold version too:

Bling!

cynic-al
    Free Member

richpips – Member
    That is a low rent Omega.

Ebay it, and get a nice watch.

Troll or tool? YOU decide!

Woody
    Free Member

Troll or tool? YOU decide!

No decision required, he's both 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

thought as much.

matthewjb
    Free Member

you occasionally find Flightmasters popping up on ebay etc

I just found this mint one.

Only £2,800!

woffle
    Free Member

I just found this mint one.

Only £2,800!

5 years ago you'd be paying £1,200 tops for a mint example. I think they appeared in a Sunday Times article about vintage watches about 3 years ago that put the price on a retail-bought decent example at just under £5K 😯 all of a sudden on TZ forum / ebay etc prices shot up!

This:

Looks good value at £845 – I think it's early 1970's too…

woffle
    Free Member

..Actually matthewjb – not sure whether you'd be interested in buying my Flightmaster (it'd be a darn sight cheaper than than example you listed)? It's my wife's 30th shortly and I could use the cash…

(email's in profile if you want to discuss)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Should I pay for my watch to be repaired or chuck it in the bin (£240 content)’ is closed to new replies.