Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • what shoes for yorkshire?
  • meehaja
    Free Member

I've recently moved from Leeds to Bradford. It's infinitely colder, it always rains and its dirty. I'm normally a fan of wearing trainers, given that I have to wear big, heavy steel toecaps for work, but my feet keep getting old and wet so i need some proper shoes to keep the warm in and the wet out…. Not sure I fancy wearing walking boots all the time, and"sensible shoes" wouldn't really suit my generally scruffy appearance. I did really like my old army boots, is it acceptable to buy a pair of army surplus boots for day to day wearing when you are neither goth nor student?

crikey
    Free Member

Gore-tex Merrells.

Although in Bradford they might make you Lord Mayor….

spanishbarry
    Free Member

if you live in Queensbury you'd better off with Eskimo boots !

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

Clogs, surely?

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Strangest thread EVER! 8)

Well, I've just googled Yorkshire shoes…and these were about the 5th piccy!

meehaja
    Free Member

None of the above! I was thinking http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr52.html

RustySpanner

Clogs is Lancashire, tha daft 'aporth.

GSter
    Free Member

Plimsols are the best!…or DAPS

derek_starship
    Free Member

His and hers.

This is what me anth'warfe wear when we cross the border.

john_drummer
    Free Member

going on the amount of rain we're getting at the moment (Shipley), wellies might be a good idea soon

igm

Shoes? We used to dream of shoes…
    Can't believe I'm the first

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I love my Cats, must be 12 years old and still going strong, warm, hide under trousers and look like fairly normal shoes, can, and have, worn them for anything.

(mine don't have the yellow on the edge of the sole though)

john_drummer
    Free Member

actually, you'd best make that "waders"

crikey
    Free Member

Whatever you choose they should have room for 6 toes…

teagirl
    Free Member

The North Face Hedgehogs, gortex stylee. Recent thread said these were amazingly cheap at Go Outdoors, Pudsey will be nearest store

djglover
    Free Member

How about a nice pair of slippers, its horrid outside.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Wellies

ton

like me

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

"clogs is Lancashire" – I thought all the new model army fans got theirs from Hebden Bridge, which i thought was in Yorkshire. Wherever it is, it's a long way from Dorset!

DrJ

They have *shoes* in Yorkshire? Who'd a thunk it?

Michael-B
    Free Member

Walkley Clogs in Hebden Bridge my dads first job was there in 1961 http://www.clogs.co.uk/ they are usually usually associated with the folk of Lancashire and Yorkshire

skidartist
    Free Member

I'd second Catapillar boots for toasty feet. I've got a pair for my (unheated scottish) workshop. They were a slightly wide/loose fit for me so I dropped a second set of insoles in and the result is feet that are always warm, but never hot, as well as comfy standing all day on cold concrete.

I don't know what Cat make their soles out of, but you will never, never wear them out

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

"Clogs is Lancashire"

Bloody tripe!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘what shoes for yorkshire?’ is closed to new replies.