Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • should I buy a 456 or wait for ordinary inbreds to come back in stock?
  • Nick

well? appart from a nicer colour why should I get a 456? probably running revelations dual air 130mm

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Go for a 456, new ones for sale at on one.
    They are more beefy than the geared inbred frame, will be better suited to revs although the standard inbred will suit 5″ forks.
    456 every time !

coolhandluke
    Free Member

had a total of :

1 inbred for 3″ forks (very early one)
    1 20″ simgle speed for 3″ forks
    1 20″ slidy drop out Inbred 4″ version
    and a 456 Summer Season.

I miss the original 3″ inbred I had originally but am f**king loving the 456 I have now. (with Revs on)

nukeproof
    Free Member

Depends what you’re intending to use it for…if more XC I’d go for the standard Inbred. I have a standard Inbred and have Rev U-turns on it; complement it perfectly.

IHN

The geometries of the two are exactly the same, I think the 456 is a gnats heavier. Buy the 456, there’s really very little in it.

andym
    Free Member

I love my 456 but I’ve never had a ‘normal’ Inbred. Some people claim they prefer the Inbred.

I don’t understand why Nick has had so much abuse from the taggers: this seems like a perfectly reasonable question to ask.

jwt
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the inbred, but really love my 456, most/all of my riding is in the lakes if that helps…………

jwt
    Free Member

Oh, and i run coil Revs on mine………..

trailmonkey

FWIW, I have a friend who’s an OnOne-ista, he has mothballed his 456 in favour of a geared Inbred because he didn’t like the way the 456 felt with a 130 fork.

jfeb
    Free Member

The geometries of the two are exactly the same

Not quite – the 456 has a slightly top tube (apart from the 14″ frame) but there isn’t much in it according to the on-one site

brant
    Free Member

The geometries of the two are exactly the same

not by a fair bit.

They do have approx the same head angle for a given fork length, but the seat angle is a touch steeper and the top tube a bit shorter on the 456.

This can be copied though by running an inline post, slid forward a bit.

The 35mm top tube of the 456 is much stiffer in torsion and all other directions, so the bike tracks better when it’s getting wheeeaaayyyyey…

molgrips
    Free Member

I advised my colleage to get an Inbred so he could run it with Vs whilst he saves up for discs, and I thought it would suit his jey riding a bit more.

IHN

not by a fair bit.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Anyway, the 456 is outstandingly useable for everything I’ve ever tried. Most of that is what is unfortunately described as ‘XC’, you know, riding one’s bike around, up, down and across hills.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

The new 456 don’t have v mounts on the stays I thought?

brant
    Free Member

The new 456 don’t have v mounts on the stays I thought?

Yes = that’s why t’other bloke said “get an inbred”…

Nick

won’t be running v’s, think I’ll order a 456, cheers all

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

They’re all inbreds to me…

😀

Thanks for the correction.

blastit
    Free Member

Thought you had no money , have you told the wife or are you doing a Marty keep the wife in the dark for her own good::??

RoterStern
    Free Member

I have both an Inbred SS and a 456 with gears. I find for general riding the SS more fun as it seems to be a lot more nimble. The 456 can feel a bit pedestrian on your typical XC trails. When it all gets a bit extreme then the 456 shines. I like the 456 for the Welsh trail centres for example.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

You ride are hardtail on the welsh trail centres? Thats so totally hardcore dude!

😕

RoterStern
    Free Member

You ride are hardtail on the welsh trail centres? Thats so totally hardcore dude!

You better believe it! 😉 I’m quicker than all the riders on their heavy full suspension monsters on the ups and can beat them on the downs too as most of them have bought their skills!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘should I buy a 456 or wait for ordinary inbreds to come back in stock?’ is closed to new replies.