Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Shorty Wetsuits
  • Harry_the_Spider

After seven years my No Fear Sports Direct jobbie has finally jumped off its last quayside. My lad has a Decathlon one which is considerably less well made.

What’s good without spending mega bucks?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got a Gul 3/2 shorty wetsuit that I’ve had for at least 7 years now, going by my photos. Still in perfect nick, and IIRC it was less than 50 quid.

Sorry I don’t know the model!

scotroutes

As an option, consider bouyancy shorts and a neoprene vest. They can be easier to change out of when the water is much colder and you need to get dried quickly – I used mine all through last winter – and you always have the option of just using the shorts.

Ripperdipper

Gul / sola / cskins (I’m sure there are others as well) all make good quality wetsuits for less than the trendier brands.
    Also consider eBay – I’ve bought various hardly used shorties for me and the kids over the years – paid between 10 and 30 quid – all been good…

bigblackshed

At the lower cost end of the market is the O’Neil Hammer or Tiki shorties. Around £70-80 ish.

Both my boys have had both over the years. Most important is the fit. If it doesn’t fit you well it’s rather pointless. But then a shorty has its compromises, it adds a bit of protection for your core but if it’s windy or cold then you’ll lose lots of heat from your arms and legs.

If it’s purely for summer use then shorties are fine, if it’s spring and autumn then it’s full 3/2mm suit territory, autumn is warmer than spring by a long way.

Stock will be the biggest issue ATM, basically there’s sod all in stock.

Harry_the_Spider

A quick Google has Gul shorties down from 50 odd to £35.

Will investigate.

Will only be for summer use.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Shorty Wetsuits’ is closed to new replies.