Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Short term car insurance??
  • mactheknife

Hi guys, we have a wee astra we were about to sell but i have a couple of weeks if travel coming up with work and it makes more sense to insure it for a month (probably) than use my van.

Has anyone had any decent prices doing this? A few online searches are a bit expensive to make it worthwhile.

Cheers all

jam-bo

i used cuvva recently when I had to move my mums car a couple of hundred miles. only for a day but it was ~£10 and took about ten minutes to setup.

finishthat
    Free Member

Depends on the reason for not using the van , as no short term cover is cheap, unless negotiated with the normal long term insurer in advance .
    Short term, couple of days they are really useful , once you go over a week they tend to be really costly.

jairaj

Short term, couple of days they are really useful , once you go over a week they tend to be really costly.

This has been my experience too. Depends on the car but for a simple cheap run around I found 1 month insurance to be almost as expensive 1 year!

njee20
    Free Member

Look for an annual policy with the lowest mid-term cancellation fee. A quick Google suggests NFU Mutual previously had no cancellation fee.

mactheknife

Thanks all.

desperatebicycle

Look for an annual policy with the lowest mid-term cancellation fee

And (if it’s not too obvious) pay by monthly DD. Then you just cancel the DD.

andrewh
    Free Member

You get a 14 day cooling off period don’t you?
    Do that twice?

footflaps

And (if it’s not too obvious) pay by monthly DD. Then you just cancel the DD.

Depending on the contract it won’t necessarily mean you don’t still owe them 11 months worth of payments.

desperatebicycle

If you’ve had a fault claim, you will!

njee20
    Free Member

You get a 14 day cooling off period don’t you?
    Do that twice?

Some still charge to cancel in your cooling off period. Don’t take it as given.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Short term car insurance??’ is closed to new replies.