Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Shimano Mt800 Install/adaptor PITA
  • beanieripper
    Free Member

Hi all, i am trying to install the new smaller type hollowtech 2 bb using the supplied adaptor and it’s driving me nuts! The adaptor doesnt fit inside my regular ice toolz bb cup tool. The adaptor says to use shimano spanner tl-fc 32, am i assuming this spanner is bigger than my existing tool to fit the adaptor inside it? I would rather install with a torque wrench and at this point im not sure which tool to even buy to fit it. Driving me nuts as its my first new build in years and in keen to crack on! Please help….

simondbarnes
    bigyan
    Free Member

TL-FC25 should fit in a “standard” hollowtech BB tool, however some brands are a little tighter/looser than others, you might need to press it in.

TL-FC37 is the Shimano socket type tool, park etc also do socket type tool BBT 59.2, 16 Notch, 41mm OD for MT800.

Hollowtech was 16 notch, 44mm, new XTR/DA is 16 notch 39mm.

Its stupid.

scotroutes

The plastic adapter should fit snuggly into a “standard” Hollowtech tool. Maybe you just need to be a bit firmer 😉

beanieripper
    Free Member

thanks all for the help, ive tried pretty hard to get it to sit inside my existing adaptor but it wont go, might try to hammer it in and if that fails i will buy a new tool..

teamslug
    Free Member

Fitted one of these yesterday. Had to tap the adaptor into my superstar ht2 tool. Was a tight fit but went in ok.

endomick
    Free Member

I have a lezyne socket type that attaches to my digital torque wrench and the adapter fits snugly, just requires a firm push.

chakaping
    Free Member

I would rather install with a torque wrench

Really? One of the least likely candidates for torque wrench use surely?

andy4d

I had the same issue where the plastic adapter would not fit into my bb tool ( I had a socket type) and ended up buying a new spanner style to fit it.

endomick
    Free Member

One of the most likely candidates for torque wrench use if you have a quality higher range one that torques both ways, I always use mine for bb installation, how else do you judge 40nm. My bb cups are perfectly, equally torqued along with my pedals and cassette as well as everything else with my 1/4″ torque wrench.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Shimano Mt800 Install/adaptor PITA’ is closed to new replies.