Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Shimano 12speed restock date?
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hi,

I can just about source the necessary bits for a 12 drivetrain if I go XTR in places but cannot get either an XT nor even XTR RH/Bandon 12 shifter..anywhere.

Does anyone have an idea when a restock is likely? Few months? End of the year?…next year?..2025?

dumbbot
    Free Member

What is wrong with this bloody forum now…

sillyoldman

Free stock date is currently August/Sept with Madison, but those deliveries, like those before them will be sold before then. You’d be best to back-order one with a retailer who is already in the queue – any bigger independent that stocks those lines will likely already be in the queue.

frogstomp

Bikester have them.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh thank you, …of course the rest of the stuff I was looking at has sold in the mean time. :/

jimmy748

One of my LBS has Shimano 12 speed mechs and cassettes in stock. 10-51 in Deore, SLX and XT, and Mechs also in Deore, SLX and XT.

I’m picking up a spare cassette and mech in a bit, then will let you know who it is!

Superficial
    Free Member

You can use a SRAM 12 speed shifter if you prefer.

jimmy748

Spare Mech and Cassette purchased from my LBS, pedal cycles in Bournemouth. They have quite a few.

oceanskipper

Try Amazon.. I bought an Amazon Warehouse one last week.

sillyoldman

I’d try decent LBSs before Amazon.

But then I’d rather ride a bike with knackered worn out parts than give those asshats any money.

On another similar thread I’d posted that I’d seen 12 speed XT mechs at Nicholsons in Dundee and someone got one from them. Might have more?

oceanskipper

Depends how desperate the OP is I guess. Each to their own of course.

harrisp
    Free Member

Any info on using sram shifter on shimano 12 speed?
    My new build is complete except for shifter.

andyrm
    Free Member

When you search on Amazon, you can actually find the thousands of retailers who use Amazon as their trading portal, so you’re actually buying ‘from’ them, ‘through’ Amazon FBA, same as if it was on ebay.

joebristol

Ouch – £105 for an SLX cassette 🥴

doomanic

@harrisp

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buyers-guides/a-complete-guide-to-rear-derailleurs/

In brief, Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo all use different cable pull ratios (the amount that a derailleur moves for every millimetre of cable pulled through by the shifter), and mixing parts will result in very poor shifting.

susepic

@harrisp

I’m running a 12Sp SLX derailleur with a 12sp NX shifter – no issues at all

mrmo
    Free Member

Ouch – £105 for an SLX cassette 🥴

Welcome to a world where there is no need to discount anything. There will be an upper price they could charge,  it’ll be a fair bit above RRP.

In case anyone needs one, it looks like R2 bike have some 12 speed XT rear mechs in stock.

Superficial
    Free Member

https://www.bikeradar.com/advice/buyers-guides/a-complete-guide-to-rear-derailleurs/

In brief, Shimano, SRAM and Campagnolo all use different cable pull ratios (the amount that a derailleur moves for every millimetre of cable pulled through by the shifter), and mixing parts will result in very poor shifting.

That advice is generally true, but in the case of Shimano MTB vs SRAM MTB 12 speed it’s not – seemingly you can mix-and-match a bit more. There are plenty of people who have done it without issue (see susepic’s reply above). Personally I’d prefer to keep things within one brand but it’s great to know that in a pinch you can use a different brand’s shifter / derailleur. Plus, I know some people strongly prefer E.g. SRAM shifters but like Shimano mechs. Win/win.

mrmo
    Free Member

That advice is generally true, but in the case of Shimano MTB vs SRAM MTB 12 speed it’s not – seemingly you can mix-and-match a bit more.

Not that I intend to try, but as the cassettes are different, which cassette goes with which shifter/mech combination?

doomanic

I’m using an NX cassette with XT mech and SLX shifter and it works fine.

susepic

I’m using an NX cassette, SLX mech and NX shifter.

makkag
    Free Member

Thanks mrmo !!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

XT cassettes 10-51t £150 & 32t 175mm cranks £150 a piece
    SLX 32t 175mm cranks £100
    on merlin cycles

glad i stocked up on chains and derailleurs over the last month.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Yes, it works perfectly.

Try Aliexpress for 12spd shimano, I’ve had stuff recently in 5 days from china. Look for listings delivered within 10 days. No need to pay extortion prices but they will fob you off if you have a warranty issue..

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

SLX M6100 and XT M7100 (except chainrings) now fully in stock on Merlin including groupsets

Won’t last long

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Was going to post this up, my XT derailleur and chain are on their way 🙂

lewzz10
    Free Member

I’ve managed to source a full Shimano drivetrain over the last couple of months. Mix of Deore/XT/XTR. Some bits were hard to find (XTR shifter seemingly only in stock on one site anywhere at the time!), I think everything bar the XTR chain came from Europe, and I had to pay retail on almost all of it – sickening.

Not had any customs issues (until buying a dropper from BikeYoke & paying double VAT).

Wanted a Deore cassette but pre-order at full RRP (more than XT costs in normal times) and wait till November wasn’t appealing with a new frame on the way! I bought what I could find.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Shimano 12speed restock date?’ is closed to new replies.