Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Shed of the Year : Episode 2. Injustice content
  • Harry_the_Spider

After the travesty of last week we had last night’s debacle.

How on Earth did Psychic Woman’s bog standard Walton Pent flat pack job win eh? She had painted it orange and filled it with cushions FFS!

Other sheds were mini Elizabethan halls or fully functioning car restoration facilities.

Also, McMoonter’s studio would have trounced the lot of them.

Meh. It makes me want to spit.

Regards,

Angry from Manchester.

sadexpunk

aye, me think the same. dont think ive agreed with any of them yet, but last nights id have probably placed last!! like you sat, flat pack painted bright and filled with sh*t. uninspiring :-/

Harry_the_Spider

filled with sh*t

Didn’t see that. Was it in buckets behind the cushions?

zippykona

George Clarke is a ****. Everything is amaaaaaaaazing.
    Give the job to the bloke in the hat.
    P.s no way she should have won.

crankboy
    Free Member

It made me watch the mcmooter episode on iPlayer thing. Notwithstanding my natural bias because I know his internet persona he was robbed.

bigh
    Free Member

The shell mosaic was fantastic, Elizabethan house was the winner though

nickjb
    Free Member

Thought it was crazy that a standard flat pack won. The other result for workshop was ok though. The car garage was better but the painters studio was at least a proper shed. The categories seem a bit mixed up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was hoping for a link to an epic BarryBoys thread 🙁

brant
    Free Member

I (unhappily) imagined Angry from Manchester writing to complain about all the repeats on Tv.

And now I have an ear worm.

alanbill99

Yep – complete disaster AGAIN this week. It seems that whichever bunch of chavs that George Clarke has arranged to be in the judging panel just go for B&Q specials. Lets hope they take it on board for next years audience selection. ALL of the others were better than that cushion fest!!

Harry_the_Spider

I (unhappily) imagined Angry from Manchester writing to complain about all the repeats on Tv

And by 5 O’clock everything’s dead, and every third car is a cab. And ignorant people vote for crap sheds like the doped white mice in a college lab.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I (unhappily) imagined Angry from Manchester writing to complain about all the repeats on Tv

And by 5 O’clock everything’s dead, and every third car is a cab. And ignorant people vote for crap sheds like the doped white mice in a college lab.

Damn you two – damn you to hell! That’s me earwormed as well, and it’s so early on a Friday…. 😡 I have nothing of use to add with regards to “shed-gate”….

Harry_the_Spider

They’ll burn down the potting sheds at 6 O’clock and we’ll all go along like before.

And we’ll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Good shout H_t_S.

matt_outandabout

You lay off George – he is my brothers old housemate at uni…he can do no wrong in our house.. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Did Stencil Shed bloke actually think his art was “original”?? Made me laugh that.
    Austin garage was so much better than the one that won (which I can’t even remember).
    Why don’t they just show the sheds and sod off with the stupid ‘competition’?

hora
    Free Member

I said WTF loudly when her brightly painted boggo shed won but then I remembered its a PUBLIC vote by muppets. Why are they watching a creative shed prog though?

What I did find odd- the great looking (working) shed- they didn’t once discuss the shed just the carvings that the bloke did inside it. Who cares? I’m focused on the shed/the title of the show ffs.

binners

Vintage car bloke wuz robbed! Anyone can build a bog standard shed and fill it full of statues of bloody Buddah, then sit spouting crap about Aura’s. I’d be interested to see how many votes came from sturdy women in dungarees in Hebdon Bridge and Chorlton

Apoplectic with rage from East Lancs 😈

Harry_the_Spider

her brightly painted boggo shed

If it had been a brightly painted bongo shed it would probably have deserved to win.

D0NK

And bachelors phone up their friends for a drink
    While the married ones turn on a shed show

bazookajoe
    Free Member

I thought it was a reasonable decision for the flat pack shed to win. The category was ‘cabins & summerhouses’. We reckoned the average voter would look at the others and think that’s not a cabin or a summerhouse and relate more to what they view as a cabin or summerhouse which is a fancy shed in a garden done up nice (though she lost us when she started the psychic chat, we imagined Derek Acorah coming along and talking to Sam).

Update on one of the ‘unique’ category finalists here

Wonder how many of these ‘sheds’ will have the neighbours and planners spotlight put on them.

hora
    Free Member

So in addition to that shed he had featured he is also now…

He is applying for a change of use for his garden which also contains a tree house and two gypsy caravans, which he also lets.

Thats interesting. On the show he claimed the ‘shed’ was just for visiting friends or family..

Planning laws are there for a reason.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Alan Hansen voice – woeful – Alam Hansen voice

I was sat at a table with the Caribbean shed and the Elizabethan shed after the award, to say there was an atmosphere would be something of an understatement.

I think the ‘mistake’ the producers made was to count the votes from the Readers Sheds website. It would have made for a more interactive result if they had a vote after the broadcast where you could see more of the sheds and something of the character of their creators.

DezB
    Free Member

Planning laws are there for a reason.

Is he your next-door neighbour?

hora
    Free Member

No but what gave him the right to build essentially a lodge/commercial enterprise without seeking planning permission first?

Would you? I wouldn’t. Same as those who submit plans but then build alittle larger hoping it’ll somehow get/fight through..

chrismac

Who was the other idiot bloke presenter with the daft dress sense, not George and his usual sidekick but the other one? What an idiot IMHO

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The only one I sort of agreed with so far was the one that beat the Pool House, sorry. I had you both neck and neck but his probably edged it on being just a little more shed like, whereas the Pool House was possibly a little too homes and gardens for that particular category. Surprised it didn’t go into the summerhouse category.

The man of many sheds for his grand kids should have won that category easily, that thing was amazing. if nothing else he deserves a lifetime achievement award. Incredible work.

The evil dead style cabin in the woods was looking great until they showed the massive wall of glass which kind of ruined it for me.

The cinema seemed to win based more on its contents than it’s shedness.

Workshop category all looked a bit weak, sure there are far better workshop sheds up and down the country. Although bird box man was doing some really nice work in his rather ordinary shed.

Harry_the_Spider

Titanic Museum Shed Man was a bit odd. I bet he murders people*.

*I don’t really… Just in case he does.

Harry_the_Spider

Double tap.

rogg
    Free Member

Double tap.

No, I don’t think that was his style. He looked more like a strangler/garrotter to me.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Did your favourite win?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Shed of the Year : Episode 2. Injustice content’ is closed to new replies.