Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Shame on you Northeners
  • porterclough
    Free Member

the cuddly and diverse left and the free-trading capitalist right

The union of these sets is known as New Labour.

grumm
    Free Member

That according to you, being racist or not racist is only a “slight” variation.

Not really, The Daily Mail is racist, as is the BNP, just to slightly different degrees.

Is everything completely black and white in your world?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

aracer, re. the STV thing which you’re proposing on the “other thread”…

I was posting via a crappy mobile. Reading through every thread before I’d posted would have taken me ages.

crikey
    Free Member

I fear you are being somewhat obtuse; try ‘tory racist’ as a search term in Google for any number of examples of the kind of racist silliness that the Tory party has housed over the years.

Just because smiley Dave is leading the charge, it doesn’t mean that the only racists are now all safely corralled in the BNP.

And to allow the invocation of Godwins law, the Daily Mail are quite famous for having ‘previous’ in this regard….

Rothermere was a friend and supporter of both Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler, which influenced the Mail’s political stance towards them up to 1939.[18][19] Rothermere visited and corresponded with Hitler. On 1 October 1938, Rothermere sent Hitler a telegram in support of Germany’s invasion of the Sudetenland, and expressing the hope that ‘Adolf the Great’ would become a popular figure in Britain.

“… y’know, that fella with a moustache, always plays a baddy in war films…..”

“Adolf Hitler?”

“yeh”

barca
    Free Member

“I didn’t really. I’m just bored.

phew “

We live close to an estate (Offerton Parish) in Stockport which is a hotbed of National Front and/or BNP activity and they came over our way door knocking to drum up support. The wife answered the door and invited him in with her broadest Afrikaans accent. He declinded her kind offer rather sheepishly. Gutless little worm that he was.

grumm
    Free Member

Just reading some stuff from various papers on RSS Feeds and I saw these comments on the Daily Mail site. Amazing that this kind of thing gets past moderation.

What I don’t understand it how it’s possible for the site to be illegal for as much as ten years at the huge cost to the txpayer. Doesn’t illegal translate as something done against the law?
    Just one more reason why that politician in E.Europe a week or so ago, suggested that perhaps there should be a final solution to the traveller problem. It would certainly put an end to illegal sites.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191566/Council-refused-fix-potholed-road-fears-illegal-travellers-think-workmen-evict-them.html

bullheart
    Free Member

I have a house in Leeds, but moved down to the sh*tty south last year for work. My tenant phoned me and told me that the BNP had put a sign up on the telegraph pole outside, and she was quite alarmed about it. Tw*ts.

But in all honesty, are fellow STWers really concerned about the perceived power gained by the BNP through the elections? I’m not. From what I can see, all those that represent them appear not to have the required savvy to make a cup of tea, let alone govern a country.

Give it time. They’ll cut their own collective throat soon enough. And we can restart the thread again later… 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Not particularly troubled by their power, but by the fact that they can form a support base and get a vote out pretty effectively. And that none of the mainstream parties whose idea of a good society I share appears to have a functioning strategy for eroding that support.

It is very important not to disparage the people who are voting BNP in general terms. They are a huge chunk of voters who have a stake in what goes on in this country and a vote in elections. If they feel that no-one is governing in theri interests then that needs to be addressed. And that means more than labour or conservatives doing dog-wghistle anti-immigrant politics occasionally.

Stoner
    Free Member

Some fresh data to go with the argument of the origins of the BNP voters:
    http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/who+voted+bnp+and+why/3200557

First, who voted BNP? They were mainly men: their voted divided 61 per cent male, 39 per cent female. (Men comprise just 48 per cent in the electorate as a whole.)

They were also more working-class. In the country at large, professional workers outnumber manual workers by 20 per cent to 18 per cent. Among BNP voters the pattern is very different: 36 per cent manual workers, 11 per cent professionals.

One third of them read the Sun or Daily Star as against one in five adults generally; just 6 per cent of BNP voters read the upmarket papers (Times, Telegraph, Guardian etc), which is less than half the national average.

But perhaps the most startling finding came when we tested anecdotal reports that many BNP voters were old Labour sympathisers who felt that the party no longer speaks up for them. It turns out to be true. As many as 59 per cent of BNP voters think that Labour “used to care about the concerns of people like me but doesn’t nowadays”.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Shame on you Northeners’ is closed to new replies.