Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Shall we have a Singletrack Exit Poll?
  • binners

And I'm also living in hope that this election could deliver something even more satisfying that 'The Portillo Moment'

Seeing Call-me-Dave face up to the reality tomorrow, that it isn't his birth-right after all. He still thinks it is. He needs a rude awakening! The smug smarmy ****!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Just kidding, voted labour really

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Me and the wife, both first time voters at almost 30 years of age, and although I've always thought of myself as labour, swayed to lib dem ( both of us). Think the freedom bill was enough for me, pipedream that it is.

mrmo
    Free Member

me and girlfriend voted lib dem, local income tax, it would be nice to have roads that weren't potholed to hell, and someone has to pay. Immigration, at least they are stating the reality unlike labour and conservative who would do the same but deny it at the same time. As for europe and the euro, the UK is a minor country on the edge of europe, with the strength of the BRIC countries, the US mainland europe, we have to make choices about the future and not sit on the fence. Nuclear power, it won't solve anything, it makes no money and there are many issues that get sidestepped.

and the one thing i don't want is a conservative government with an absolute majority, last thing we need is a repeat of thatcher.

iDave
    Free Member

Bill Cash-will-do-nicely is/was (please god) the self-serving tory twunt in my area. voted lib dem to hopefully give him a bloodynose if not a kick in the nuts. usually don't vote as i despise politicians.

jojoA1
    Free Member

JUst been to vote, So pleased to see queues of people and a good number of obvious first timers there. Object to tIe suggestion that voting lib dem is a politically naive vote. Labour are no longer a left wing party and lib have socially responsible ideas… imo.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

agreed jojo

alexxx
    Free Member

green here! dont think it'll make too much difference anything but bnp!

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Another Green vote here…

brakeswithface

Labour here.

isnilloc
    Free Member

not voted once in my 18 years of eligability.

I can never get past the retarded behaivour of politians to be interested in what they stand for.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well, I make that lib dem 36, labour 8, Conservative 5 and other 7 (so far). Sorry, make that 9 for labour including my vote.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Lib Dems for me and the wife

zaskar
    Free Member

Labour.

bol

Labour

colnagokid

Echoing what JoJo said there was a queue at the polling station this morning, never seen it before.
    Me … BNP

😆
    Labour, tho did vote for LimpDem local councillor

RichPenny
    Free Member

Not eligible 😳

ajf
    Free Member

Another lib dem here. Both local and general.

Our local is Labour at present and he is VERY likely to be re-elected as he usually has a massive majority mainly due to his religious persuasion.

I dislike the fact people vote due to his religious beliefs, however I cannot argue with the fact that he is probably more integrated and representative of the local community due to this than the rest of the candidates even if he is a tosser who was another caught up in the elections scandal. He also ignored my disparaging email about his lack of conviction on certain issues.

Lib Dem I have always voted for in the general. I think they are going to do better than the polls suggest and will look forward to the evening progressing.

Also first time I have had to queue to vote so am expecting a bumper turnout

surfer
    Free Member

Labour

glenncampbell

Won't say what I voted for but great to see such a large turnout – first time I've had to queue as well.

Edric64
    Free Member

Lib Dem x2 +1 Tory in our house

convert

Two stw poles today and both have LD ahead by a significant margin. Assuming an mtb forum is non regional, is it our social demographic that sets us apart from the the populous at large? Are we loaded with middle class do gooders (stereotypical LD voter I guess)? Or are we in for a shock over the weatabix in the morning?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

tory boy here…

limp dem policies are terrible, i'd rather vote for the green party

iDave
    Free Member

tory boy here meant to say

limp dem policies are no more terrible than anyone elses, i'd rather should have voted for the green party 😉

onewheelgood

3 x Lib Dem here.

@convert, every online community I've seen (that isn't politically based) seems to have the LDs ahead by a huge margin. Clearly, we are not representative of the country as a whole – but I don't know why the difference is so marked.

Soup
    Free Member

Lib Dem

orange
    Free Member

Conservative x10…

just to annoy the liberal front that is STW

MrsToast
    Free Member

Lib Dem, same as I've always voted so far. Curse my yellow streak!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Labour.

ajf
    Free Member

convert – Member

Two stw poles today and both have LD ahead by a significant margin. Assuming an mtb forum is non regional, is it our social demographic that sets us apart from the the populous at large? Are we loaded with middle class do gooders (stereotypical LD voter I guess)? Or are we in for a shock over the weatabix in the morning?

I think it is the demographics of it all. Bunch of liberal greenies but not enough to vote green. Similar values, ethics etc etc means similar voting patterns.

I still think we will get a shock with both the turnout and the vote however due to the voting system of regional seats it won't be as shocking as it could or should be.

edit, just seen the first exit pole. Guess there is a reason why I am not a betting man.

Doug
    Free Member

Voted for the loony left so +1 lib dem 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

BBC Exit poll projects 307 seats for the Tories – 24 short of a majority.

Hmm, hope Labour & the Lib Dems do better than that poll projects…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I'm a doo gooder loony anarchist

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I went Green.

……….which is not something I thought I would ever do

Funny how things turn out 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

Is this going to be our main STW election thread?

Chap talking about the fact that lib-dems might do well out of postal votes this time.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I suspect the exit polls are going to change several times over the evening, there's a long way to go yet.

Rich
    Free Member

3x Labour in this house.

All the people I hear say they aren't voting as the politicians are all as bad as each other, I find it hard to believe that they really have no preference to which government get in. It's not like it isn't going to affect everyone's life in some way!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If the polls are broadly correct, who will the Lib Dems get into bed with?

Even though Nick Clegg leans to the right his party are a progressive left-leaning Party….

tommo
    Free Member

me labour, the wife conservative – I blame the Daily Mail, she thinks they are going to "fix Broken Britain".

aracer
    Free Member

Tactical vote for Lib Dems here in Malvern

Voted for a lying hypocrite then.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Shall we have a Singletrack Exit Poll?’ is closed to new replies.