Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)
  • Shall we have a Singletrack Exit Poll?
  • porterclough
    Free Member

Isn't that Lib Dem policy rather like the Poll Tax then?

No.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lib dem. they're almost guaranteed to get their seat here (Menzies Campbell, North fife)

uplink
    Free Member

So all the lib dem voters on here are up for paying the 4% local income tax and joining the euro then?

I see Clegg has had the speech in which he passionately spoke in favour of joining the Euro removed from his website

A different kind of politics eh? 😆

BiscuitBoy

Lib Dem – First time I've voted for them.

Stoner
    Free Member

Instructions for would-be Lib Dem voters 😉

glenp
    Free Member

Considering that if your policy is to have a referendum then every anti Liberal states categorically that Liberals would definitely take us into the Euro (ie totally misrepresents the policy) then its hardly surprising that it gets deemed not worth discussing.

What exactly is the objection to having a referendum?

maxray
    Free Member

Wow quite a few lib dems then. I am still swaying between them and labour, going to vote shortly.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Euro: I think Clegg said that economic conditions are all wrong ATM so not worth discussing. Fair enough

dazpaul
    Free Member

Lib dems 4 the first time !

carbon337
    Free Member

Lib Dems – not much option here – Berwick Alan Beith

However he has had 30 yrs as an mp and still no dual carrigeway for the A1.

peajay

Lib Dem, here.

yossarian
    Free Member

it would be interesting to hear from people voting lib dem whether they are first time voters, have always voted lib dem or have switched their allegiance from another party.

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah I doubt many are swapping from the Tories! Going to feel so sad if Dave gets in 🙁

kimbers

ive voted lib dem since he iraq war as they were the only party to not be swept up in the bloodlust at the time

here are my reasons for not voting labservative……

voting tory seems crazy when we have essentially had a tory giovernment for the last 25 years, since nulab repositioned themselves to the right ……

deregulation of the banks, finance over manufacturing, privatisation of everything, house ownership and rocketing houseprices for all etc etc

only diffrenece is nulab spent more on public services and taxed the rich a bit more, oh and the fox hunting thing, FOI and minimum wage

so the tories will get into power now
    slash public services, increase vat, cut family tax credits- stuff that affects the little guy most
    they will raise money by selling off everything thats left, ie the NHS just like hanahan has promised his american paymasters and more importanatly Peter Gershon camerons advisor and chairman of the largest private healthcare company in the UK who stands to make billions from it all)- to be fair nulab were gonna do this anyway tho perhaps not to the same extent

the tories (like nulab) will do nothing to halt eu immigration; they cant, they dont want to as all their friends at the CBI want their farms factories and warehouses staffed by the lowest possible paid workers

they wont raise employers NI contributions, not yet anyway, as a favour to all the businessmen who donated to their campaign

and then they will hack up the bbc, sell bits off and reduce it to nothing
    which of course is why rupert murdoch and the right-wing press are salivating over a cameron victory (murdoch will no longer have to start charging for the times website as he said he would in june (just after the election!)

only the lib dems offer anything slightly different
    (also only they opposed both wars- the tories have a hard on for war worse than nulab)

BermBandit
    Free Member

I live in a Tory safe seat… by a massive majority (Tim Yeo)

Normally I spoil my ballot paper None of the above stylee, but its going to be Lib Dem this time.

Actually saw the pompous twunt out canvassing in my village this time. First time he has condescended to so so in the 27 years I've lived there, (my ward normally returns Liberal councillers) so obviously been told to get his fat blue backside into action or something. Worried?? Whaderyerekcon???

kimbers

oh and yeah i think the lib dem vioters are all disgruntled labour so tories will probably do well out of it in the end

uplink
    Free Member

Euro: I think Clegg said that economic conditions are all wrong ATM so not worth discussing. Fair enough

You've still got to wonder why that speech was removed from the LibDems website though
    Everything else is still there, just the bit about the Euro gone

yossarian
    Free Member

oh and yeah i think the lib dem vioters are all disgruntled labour so tories will probably do well out of it in the end

most of the lib demmers where I am seem to be first time voters/people who have never given a crap about politics. I wonder whether we will be in for a surprise tomorrow?

glenp
    Free Member

You've still got to wonder why that speech was removed from the LibDems website though

Like I said, probably because it is so misrepresented.

We wouldn't even be allowed in the Euro at the moment, and if we ever get healthy enough it could never be done without a referendum. Despite all of that, people will cheerfully claim that Liberals would ave us in the Euro.

Repeating myself as usual.

I always vote Lib Dem, BTW, in answer to query above. Voted Green in Euro elections because it has PR.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lib Dem manifesto commitment could mean I'm out of a job so can't risk that. Plus wondering where our power is going to come from in 20+ years with their "no Nuclear power stations" thing, don't want to be (even more so) reliant on Russian gas pipes. That coupled with their local income tax and reduction of capital gains allowance from 10K – 1K per year means I'm hit hard in the pocket to boot. So no ta Cleggy 🙂

dazh

I fully intended on voting libdem but when it came down to it I couldn't do anything other than put a cross in the labour box. I've no rational explanation as to why, but old habits die hard I guess.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

+ 1 for Lib Dems … but then again thats the way I've voted for years now ….

Amusing Fb post from a mate below , as they left their pollingstation ..

***** is leaving the polling station by bike, complaining about getting wet on the way to work. The green part candidate says…."you should get a car, like the rest of us!" ROFL

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"You've still got to wonder why that speech was removed from the LibDems website though"

Simple: it's a pipe dream at the moment and also not a popular policy. LibDems are happy to peddle several "unpopular" policies e.g. immigrant amnesty. But a row about the Euro right now really adds nothing and probably strengthens the Conservatives.

The LibDem policy on nuclear power annoys me. But I think they will come around before the lights start going out. Still voting for them today.

noteeth
    Free Member

In the absence of anything preferable… tactical Lib Dem.

BoardinBob

Tory 8)

joolsburger
    Free Member

My local tory is likely to win, last majority was 7000 however that dropped form 14000 the time before that.

Even if the Liberals don't win this time I hope to see his majority cut further then maybe next time the Liberals will win.

I'm in this for the long haul! As for the local taxes it's simple really all the parties are going to have to raise taxes and cut spending it's obvious.

3 months ago this was a two horse race now it's a 3 way split in 5 years I hope the lib dems will have built enough confidence that they will finally win a significant number of seats.

mike_p
    Free Member

Tory 8)

jonb
    Free Member

Tactical Lib Dem. Newcastle, so the Tory candidate hasn't got a hope.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I was quite tempted to vote Tory because they have such a talentless shadow cabinet that I suspect they'd **** things up even worse than Labour have and never see power again in my lifetime. But then i'd have to sell my lifeblood and soul to the factories of despair and would never be able to look in a mirror again.

So I voted Labour instead.

EDIT: Love the way a couple of Tory voters have had to put shades on their smilies to hide their identities… 😉

JoeBones
    Free Member

Votaill Sinn Feinn

ctznsmith
    Free Member

2 votes for lib dem from this household. One first time voter and one who hasn't voted for 12 years.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Lib dem. First voted that way (1997) as I never understood the two party system. Now, well, my original sentiments still stand really and the policies (now I actually look at them) strike a chord (Trident, tax threshold, bank breakup etc).

luked2
    Free Member

Conservative.

Lib Dems have policies made up to appeal to as many people as possible, rather than to actually make sense.

Pensions, power, immigration: their policies just don't add up. Shame really as their candidate would make a great MP.

Can't vote Labour in this area as they don't have a candidate. Probably wouldn't vote for them if they did though. Gordon is a one trick pony: if there's a problem, throw other people's money at it.

keefus
    Free Member

Another limp dem here……voting after abstaining for many many years

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

At least this is a pretty interesting election. The worrying thing is that six months ago it was inconceivable that Cameron could fail to win. Even if he scrapes in he's not exactly instilling anyone with confidence in his ability to lead: if he fails to prosper in security what's he going to be like in adversity?

Tiger6791
    momo

Lib Dem, I've voted Labour in the last 2 elections (wasn't old enough to vote before them). MrsMomo has also voted Lib Dem today as a first time voter.

binners

Lib Dem. They're the only ones who seem to have noticed that the reason the economy is completely f**ked is due to the banks. And maybe, just maybe…. if it isn't too much of a radical idea…. maybe we should do something to ensure they don't do it again.

Its revolutionary stuff

anagallis_arvensis

BNP

grtdkad
    Free Member

Tactical vote for Lib Dems here in Malvern – in order to unseat the local Tory ****

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Shall we have a Singletrack Exit Poll?’ is closed to new replies.