Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Servicing DT Swiss EXM 150 (26″) – oils
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Am i ok to swap out the DT swiss specific stuff for Fox float fluid and 7.5wt for damper and lowers?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

for the lower i imagine it would be fine but for the damper i would investigate further

hatter

classic fork right there.

Greg @ TF tuned is the man to talk to regarding DT fork servicing. They can supply the correct oils as well if you’re looking to DIY.

iamanobody
    Free Member

thanks

strike
    Free Member

The best ever of the DT Swiss forks to my mind – simple, just keep working and you can take everything apart at home – had mine for 3years with zero issues. Anyway for the lowers – FLOAT fluid is fine in the spring side and the most readily available. For the damper (cartridge+lowers as the oil does both) I found the best to be Motorex 7.5wt – again, readily available.

Another tip-if you take apart the airspring assy. then use grease such as SlickHoney – over time oil blocks the ABS ports up, leading to harsh top-out. When you remove the airspring (which you can do from the bottom of the stanchion), take the air-spring assy. and squeeze the ABS spring to expel the oil from the foam washers.

hatter

I think DT have finally surpassed them with the new F535s, which are superb, but yeah, of the old reverse arch DT’s the EXM’s were a prime example

strike
    Free Member

I’ve read mixed reports of the F535 but the main con for me is that the more in-depth service details are still locked-down (unlike Fox and RS).

wheel
    Free Member

You should use Motorex SAE 7.5 for the damper and Motorex Supergliss 100K for lubrication.

strike
    Free Member

Yep, as already already said above use (readily available) Motorex 7.5wt, but good luck in getting Supergliss 100K in the UK – which is why I recommended the available alternative of FLOAT fluid.

iamanobody
    Free Member

TFTUNED recommended 7.5wt in the damper and 20wt in the lower/spring side

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Servicing DT Swiss EXM 150 (26″) – oils’ is closed to new replies.