Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sensible place to train at the weekend in the SE
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I need to geta long ride in one day this weekend, looking to do 8 hours or so. Any suggestions where would be good in these conditions? I would have thought somewhere free draining like Surry hills would be ok? I’m not overly woried about crusty snow, it’s sneaky patches of black ice that concern me; I can’t afford to bash my knees at this point. Managed to do just that a week before the Brass monkeys Rd3 and had to endure a sore knee for 4.5hrs, and all because I thought summer had come and put a Racing Ralph at 35psi on my front. It dumped me on the ground within 10mins of hitting my favourite trails as I attacked them with same vigour as the week before on a 20psi 2.35 Bonty xr4.
    Anyway, that’s going off the point.
    Anyone been to Bedgebury this week? Icy as hell or ok?
    Other places holding up ok?

wwaswas

road ride?

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I hate riding on main roads with a passion. Minor roads are fun but surely are an ice risk at the moment.

lazybike
    Free Member

I’m in SE Essex, rock hard with icy patches…. 🙁

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Feel your pain lazybike. I’ve done 7 sessions on the turbo since I last went out. I can’t take much more!

lazybike
    Free Member

I’ve done 7 sessions on the turbo since I last went out. I can’t take much more!

6 more than me, supposed to be doing the seg 75 on sunday…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sensible place to train at the weekend in the SE’ is closed to new replies.