Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • So Maverick forks….. any good ?
  • NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Picked up a an old copy of STW the other day (2004) An article on dream bikes. One had a maverick DUC fitted. I thought wow havnt seen one of them for ages.
    Got home had a look on ebay and found they still fetch good money circa £350!
    So never having riden a bike I wondered if anyone could give an acurate view of how they compare to say a modern fox or rockshox 150mm fork.
    Dont need the beardy cardy wearing brigade saying there better than anything so just believe it. Tell me why and how they have stood the test of time! Cheers 😀

motorman
    Free Member

one reason they still fetch good money is because they are one of the few forks that can run a fat tyre.

iDave
    Free Member

I have a duc in the garage if anyone wants to make an offer. it needs a service.

tollah
    Free Member

I like them because they’re easily serviced at home, tunable and they work well. I do think the Duc’s are ugly though.

Andy-R

What Tollah said, basically. I’ve got SC32’s on a couple of bikes and I like them well enough.
    I don’t even think the DUC’s are ugly ……

fbk
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can get spares for these – the stanchion guards on my SC32s have been “bodged” one too many times!

Great forks by the way – easily tunable, practically maintenance free and plush. Just a bit flexy, especially by modern standards!

simondbarnes

Anyone know where you can get spares for these – the stanchion guards on my SC32s have been “bodged” one too many times!

Probably worth trying Sideways Cycles

jambon
    Free Member

I’d have thought that TFT would still carry spares.

bentos
    Free Member

Sideways Cycles are where I get my SC32s serviced and I know a mate who got a replacement stanchion guard from them. Top guys too.

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one – I’ll drop sideways a line. I think TFT sold off all their spare parts when they stopped servicing them.

tollah
    Free Member

Spares from either Sideways Cycles or from Simpson Cycle Services (07986 411 810) Craig Simpson used to work for Extra when they imported Maverick and now holds a good amount of stock. Service is fantastic and prices are reasonable too, I use him anytime I need anything for any of my 3 sets of Maverick forks.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

So how do they compare to modern forks? Flex etc?

69er
    Free Member

+1 for Simpson Cycle Services. Tim was, err, a bit more expensive.

Forks are (DUC32 here) awesome. Stiff, light plush, incredibly easy to service and ugly different!.

cynic-al
    Free Member

guards need replaced…ideal for carbon fibre!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘So Maverick forks….. any good ?’ is closed to new replies.