• This topic has 75 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Sensible (as if!) recommendations for chamois cream?
  • Bullet

Don’t seem to be able to get my usual Udderly Smooth cream as it’s out of stock everywhere. Assos seems to get most good reviews but I’m not sure if I want the menthol sensation round the nether regions? Any preferred products?

simondbarnes

Chapeau

Poopscoop

For anything other than big days out I just use any Aqueous Cream from any chemist or ASDA/ Tesco etc.

A big tub only costs about £3.👍

infidel
    Free Member

Charlie’s Bum Butter. About the best I’ve used.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bum Butter.

Aqueous cream is a lot like udderly smooth. I wasnt keen on it, but it is cheap.

ogden
    Free Member

I like Assos

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Bum butter for me

sturdylad
    Free Member

Muc-Off CC
    Used to be an assos only man then went for ages not bothering.
    Bought some Muc-Off at the start of lockdown and it’s great.
    Probably the nicest of all I’ve tried

Watty

Endura, works for me.

look4now
    Free Member

Rapha, very good and long lasting.

sadexpunk

sudocrem here. i believe its also good for cats…..

theotherjonv

Aqueous cream works fine for me.

Saccades
    Free Member

Another vote for muc off cc.

I use it in 24hour pairs races which is a good test. Much prefer it to the new assos formula (it’s not been minty arse lard in a long time).

bonzodog
    Free Member

Yep, my LBS got me on to Muc Off (previously Chapeau). Its great. Its coconuty.

MoreCashThanDash

I quite like the minty Assos tingle but trying the MucOff one after I found a large tub half price in Halfords, and I’ve been very impressed.

Bullet

Will give Muc-off a try – thanks

Kryton57

Muc-Off CC

Probably the nicest of all I’ve tried

+1.  After I first used this it’s been my go-to for a couple of years.    At a push if I can’t get any (which hasn’t been the case for a long time) Buttonhole from Planet X is similar, although I shudder to deal with them these days.

Somethings are worth paying a little extra for.

anagallis_arvensis

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/9-best-cycling-chamois-creams-look-after-your-bum-183686

I use Bum Butt’r as thats what the shop had, seems to work.

Kryton57

@Bullet – the Muc Off 250ml is currently on offer £16 at Amazon, delivery today if you’re a Prime member.

Bullet

Cheers Kryton – just done click and collect at Stevenage Halfords for same price 👍

DezB
    Free Member

I would say the one I use myself – Muc Off CC. Massive tub, cheap, lasts for ages… but after the thread Charlie himself started, I think we’re obliged to purchase Bum Butter.
    I would link it, but the new search has even myself (who was originally a fan and defender of said search) defeated. It’s terrible. Something about Trump it was, brilliant.

andybrad

single track salvation

bum butter

muc off cc

in that order.

i find the singletrack stuff and bum butter last a lot longer than anything else.

windyg
    Free Member

Squirt barrier balm works really well and long lasting

Kuco

Nature Kiss chafe ease.

DezB
    Free Member

single track salvation

bum butter

muc off cc

in that order.

I presume multiple layers offers more protection? 😛

Bullet

So, picked up the Muc-off cream and it looks and smells exactly the same as my Autoglym High Def wax for the car! Could have saved myself some dosh and had a shiny bum as well – who knew eh 🙂

sparkyrhino

Bum butter(used for years) or ST salvation(recent) both work well with my undercarridge,the former a little goes a long way, so a pot lasts ages,the later is much the same but smells a bit different(also helps to keep the ST bike riding spongers in tabs and beer)😉

kayak23

Waitrose baby bottom butter. Spend more if you like…

bobgarrod
    Free Member

i thought waitrose had stopped selling the bum butter – hasn’t been on the shelves of my local waitrose for ages. Great stuff. I’m now using Burts bees baby bees ointment .

Del

Charlie’s Bum Butter. About the best I’ve used.

he’s very complimentary about you too.

malv173
    Free Member
    Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve always used Assos but have recently switched to Muc-Off CC which is easily as good.

jkomo

Planet X button hole, it was two quid I think, or maybe one. Anyway I bought a few. Seems good, but then I’ve not tried the posh stuff.
    Bum seems fine though.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chamois Butt’r

tjagain

Personally I would say – don’t do it. Blocks pores and alters skin PH so will actually cause issues.

If you have an issue then you need something specific to the issue. sudocrem for chaffing, Dermol for infections, Cotrimazole for fungus would be my recommendation

jonba
    Free Member

Happy bottom bum butter.

charliedontsurf

You know Singletrack members get a whopping great discount on Bum Butter in the merch store.

Happy Bottom Bum Butter Vegan Cycling Chamois Butter | Singletrack Magazine (singletrackworld.com)

And we have our own Singletrack Salvation here in the merch store too. It comes in a groovy alloy tub and has an improved formula… and smells extra lovely. And again, Singletrack members get a nice discount.

Singletrack Salvation – Intimate Cycling Chamois Cream | (singletrackworld.com)

andywnpt

I use a dual cream approach. Doublebase Gel for during any ride and then, post shower, Lucas Paw Paw ointment for reducing inflammation and dealing with any abrasions before they can become infected.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member
    spooky_b329

I tried a few and settled on Bum Butter. It’s more of a firm wax than a sloppy cream but softens immediately when applied. I only use it when I’ve done lots of miles and need that extra help against chaffing.

@charliedontsurf
    Is the singletrack salvation a completely different product, or an improve formula and scent over the original bum butter?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Sensible (as if!) recommendations for chamois cream?’ is closed to new replies.