• This topic has 30 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by mashr.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Sense check – Gloves different colour to advertised
  • tetrode
    Free Member

Just so I’m not going crazy here, the gloves I just received from Melon are definitely very different to what was advertised?

Gloves I received

Glove as advertised

It’s super disappointing, I liked the blue that is shown off on their website but getting a pair today, there’s no blue at all. It’s just all black?

I’ve contacted Melon about it and just waiting to hear back but I’m not sure what they’d do about it.

nickc

Yeah, If I ordered blue gloves and they were black, I’d be sending them back.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Doesn’t match you helmet?

doomanic

Wouldn’t they need to be purple?

scotroutes

I think that’s a lighting issue.

tetrode
    Free Member

Doesn’t match you helmet?

Wouldn’t do if they were blue anyway, I just like bright colours!

ta11pau1

I was going to say lighting but all the pictures on the website show the same purple background.

tetrode
    Free Member

I thought it could be lighting but yeah, in person the purple/blue part is completely black. Under no conditions I’ve just tried them in is there any other colour whatsoever.

the-muffin-man

The ones you received aren’t blue – but they are nicer! 🙂

martinhutch

To be absolutely sure, could you add a picture of you wearing them while holding your hands up in front of a big lamp and screaming with joyful laughter in the background?

tetrode
    Free Member

To be absolutely sure, could you add a picture of you wearing them while holding your hands up in front of a big lamp and screaming with joyful laughter in the background?

Not sure about the joyful laughter but maybe later! 😀

plus-one

Black hides dirt better ! Black is the new blue ! It wouldn’t twist my melon man ! Etc etc

scaredypants

I’m cross that there are no melons on them

v7fmp

i have these gloves. They are very comfy and function well.

Mine are defo black. Melon are pretty sound, so i have no doubt they will offer a refund on return.

zilog6128

Melon are pretty sound, so i have no doubt they will offer a refund on return.

nothing to do with being sound (or not), it’s their legal obligation!

DickBarton

If it isn’t the colour you wanted, just send them back…unless you are function over form and then just ride them as they will work exactly the same as the right coloured versions.

barney
    Free Member

If you look at the edge of the fingers on the website photo, you can see the black fabric in between the fingers etc, which is def. a different colour to the backing. On the OP’s photo the two colours (in between and backing) are the same.
    So personally I don’t think it’s a lighting issue.

As an alternative, if you get your money back and they still can’t help. perhaps you might find something in here? https://handupgloves.com/en-gb/collections/all-gloves

cogglepin

My Granny used to have some curtains in that pattern.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

The blue ones gross me out, not that thrilled about the black either, it’s a matter of taste I suppose, some don’t have any 😂

anderzz
    Free Member

Yeah the picture vs the product are misleading.

If you like bright gloves then I recommend FIST gloves. They are really nice quality and have fun bright designs. Mine have a leopard firing lasers 🙂

Example

wordnumb
    Free Member

Agree with Barney, different background colour to advertised. Should’ve gone with the doughnut design.

sharkattack

That’s definitely just down to the flash and the post processing of the photos.

I’d just keep them. Gloves are basically consumables anyway.

choppersquad
    Free Member

They look like ladies gardening gloves.

Watty

They look like ladies gardening gloves.

^ ^ ^ YES! ^ ^ ^

devash
    Free Member

+1 Granny’s favourites for a spot of pruning.

avdave2

I assumed you’d ordered them based on the first photo and the second photo was you looking at them on your hands and wondering why anyone would buy something so vile, tacky and tasteless 😂

BadlyWiredDog

oldnick

@BadlyWiredDog, I do think the lady in the scarf should have been allowed a wee break before work commenced, that pic is on the internet forever now!

Rubber_Buccaneer

wondering why anyone would buy something so vile, tacky and tasteless

Could be worse, I have the leopard print ones 🐆

mashr

FFS OP, gloves should be serious items for serious men!!! Ggrrrr

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.