Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Selling land I don’t own. How much?
  • woody2000

Nothing useful to add to the actual thread, but wanted to say it only took me about 60 seconds to find your house on Google maps OP, maybe trim that photo down or take the label off 👍

espressoal
    Free Member

I believe the plan is to turn that drive into a garage.

I’ve no problem with his plan. Just wanted to know how much to ask?

Am I interpreting correctly? he wants to buy the yellow bit of land to get access to build on land that you own half of(but is somehow registered to him?) then sell the house?

convert

Am I interpreting correctly?

Nope – he wants to build a garage on his own land and the OP owns the annoying lump of land that juts out in front of it blocking simple access.

tjagain

and that annoying lump of land is the bit he tried to steal

convert

and that annoying lump of land is the bit he tried to steal

Or (playing devil’s advocate) the OP’s father might have annexed it when they moved in 50 years ago when the developer naused up the landscaping, land parcelling up and registering.

martinhutch

the OP’s father might have annexed it when they moved in 50 years ago

After fencing it off and using it for 50 years, even if the land was registered to someone else, I think the odds would be in the OP’s favour.

Anyhow, it looks like it’s relatively easy for the neighbour to access his dry ski slope, I suppose he needs the land to put in the engine for the drag lift.

Seriously, bloke just needs to sell as is, he’ll spend more digging out, underpinning and retaining than he’d ever get back on his resale value.

the-muffin-man

All this fuss over a tiny strip of land – how about this!… 😬😱

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-59069662
    Luton man left shocked as his house is ‘stolen’

grahamt1980

Well at least with the payout from the solicitors screw up he should be able to escape Luton

FB-ATB

What I found odd was the line
    “Once the house was sold to the new owner for £131,000 by the person impersonating Mr Hall, they legally owned it.”

Surely as the imposter didn’t legally own the house, he couldn’t pass ownership?

convert

Me too – that detail seemed crazy.

Sounds like it was carefully chosen – an empty house up together enough to be easy to sell with the owner far enough away that you could break in and change to locks for long enough so viewings and key exchange could take place without being rumbled.

maccruiskeen

“Once the house was sold to the new owner for £131,000 by the person impersonating Mr Hall, they legally owned it.”

In similar circumstances if a buyer bought something that turned out to be stolen – a bike for instance then they’re screwed and have to hand it back to the rightful owner. I guess in this instance – at this point in time – the title deeds name them as the owner so it legally is theirs regardless of the circumstance of them having come into its possession

Well at least with the payout from the solicitors screw up

It seems like its the Land Registry that cough up

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

According to my research on Rightmove the house in Luton was priced ridiculously cheap – 131000 in Luton gets you a 1 bed flat not a house.
    There’s definitely more to this story, estate agent – up-to no good ?? ( I’m guessing)

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Selling land I don’t own. How much?’ is closed to new replies.