Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sell, convert or just walk??
  • LMT
    Free Member

Currently run 2 bikes, a Orange P7 and a Fuel Ex7 2006 model. I have no room for another bike, but im looking at biking to work over the next few months need to really save some cash for the summer hols, so this would save me about £15 a week.

The problem is do i sell one of my bikes, which i really don't want to do or do i convert cheaply (needs to be cheap) for the commute. How safe would a good spec'ed bike be locked up outside a tesco store, im guessin, not very.

The reason for giving one up and thats because i just don't have the space for another bike or can currently afford to buy a new one. Im thinking let the Trek go but unsure what i would get for it. Really don't want to let the P7 go as ive not long finished building this up and its a great bike.

sofatester
    Free Member

How far away is work?

llama

< 5 miles – ride the orange
    5 – 15 miles – get slicks and ride the orange
    > 15 miles – get a road bike

dangriff
    Free Member

Do you live near Cardiff? I've just been given 12 old bikes to build up a trandem. Most of them are ok for a commuter and I only need 5 for the build.

LMT
    Free Member

About 6 miles to work, busy junctions and main roads to and from, takes ages in the car some mornings.

Im in birmingham.

Really use the orange, RS Revs, slx groupset, outside a supermarket? i have some faith in our security but not that much.

tthew

Buy some slicks for the Orange and keep it locked up in the stockroom?

sofatester
    Free Member

If your "propa 'ard" why not just run it? Hitec Silver shadows are £20 on Fleabay! 😉

rs
    Free Member

yeah keep it inside somewhere, I commute about 10k on my dialled alpine with 160mm forks and 2.5 tyres, its kept in my cubicle at work in a fairly big office, i'm sure you can find somewhere safe for it.

StuF

buy some second hand heap and stick the trek in the loft

mansonsoul
    Free Member

You can find any old dog for £40 that with a few mechanic skills you could have running fine. Budget for some slick tyres, maybe some new cables and you'll be away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sell, convert or just walk??’ is closed to new replies.