• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by beaker.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Searching for: Marzocchi Bomber Z3 v brake bosses
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

Restoring some old forks which have had the v brake bosses removed. They’re a screw in type with a male threaded end which screw in so you can then attach and bolt in the v brakes.

If anyone has a couple they can part with for beer tokens can you let me know.

Cheers

temudgin

A quick search suggests they are M8 threads. SJS cycles have some for about £8 that might work, not a Marzocchi part though.
    I’ll have a look in the parts bin in the shed when I get time later.

nixie

Maybe, might have some in a old set of forks. Do you have the blanking bolts to swap?

From this era where it holds the brace and lefts parts together?

dyna-ti

You could ask over in Retrobike. That’s more their cup of tea, if Temudgin hasn’t any.

nixie

if its the fork I’m thinking of that is not the right part. It’s these;

the-muffin-man

I’ve probably got some – won’t get chance to root around in the shed till the weekend though.

jeffl

Same here, I took the V Brake bosses off about 20 years ago though! May be in the shed but won’t be able to check until the weekend. PM me on Sat/Sun if you don’t have any luck from other sources and I’ll have a gander.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

nixie
    Maybe, might have some in a old set of forks. Do you have the blanking bolts to swap?

From this era where it holds the brace and lefts parts together?

Nah the fork brace isn’t connected to the brake fixing points. (Theres’s two allen bolts each side of the fork holding the brace on). It’s quite a significantly beefy CNC alloy brace though!

They were a set of Z3.5 Bombers on an old DH bike and had an equally old Hope front disc brake and caliper attached. Whoever had the forks before me didn’t use blanking pins (but I have seen those on eBay if you need a set). The Mavic SUP and Hope front hub are mintox though and spins well.

If anyone needs / wants to old Hope disc brake and caliper just let me know. Hose is still attached but obvs needs a darn good service. I’m happy to give it away but I am in Western Aus and it might be a few quid to post to UK but drop me a PM on that one.

matt_outandabout

I think I have a pair – if I do, I’ll post them for free.

temudgin

I’ve had a rummage and only found a couple of bosses with M10 threads, which I think are too big.
    Good luck with your search

grahamt1980

There are 2 different sizes. I ordered mine from a shop online in Germany and they had both options. Not the cheapest but could make sure they were the right ones

aphex_2k
    Free Member

That would be fantastic if you have them matt. I’ll pay postage…. I’m in Australia. Give me a shout if anything crop’s up

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I ordered mine from a shop online in Germany

Which forks have you got and which size did you order?

Do you recall the site??

beaker
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.