• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Scotsman moaning about prices
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

When did it become acceptable to have to pay £40+ for a pair of the most basic shorts? Is the global financial mess being propped up by mountain bikers?

Cut off jeans and an old work shirt it is.

Woody
    Free Member

Same with anything ‘technical’ or ‘sport specific’, price seems to double or more. I suspect most of the extra goes on branding/advertising/sponsorship and there is not a huge (if any) benefit to the end user. I find that the price also depends on the popularity of the sport and if you carefully cross-match and cherry pick eg. mountaineering gear with skiing or general active workwear, you can get as good or even better gear for a fraction of the price.

First example that springs to mind is Bolle sunglasses – about £7 for workwear and £60 + if you go for skiing

Also Lidl/Aldi make very decent gear much loved by the non-label whores 😉

uselesshippy
    Free Member

If you don’t like the prices, don’t buy it.
    I’ve gone for the 15 quid scott shorts, and the 12 quid fake oakleys.
    Quit moaning.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the moaning is dull really, there is cheap and expensive. Some cheap stuff lasts some expensive stuff does. Some stuff is good value.

There is no gun to your head in a shop.

br
    Free Member

I reckon I’d have gone through a fair number of cheap shorts compared to a pair of ‘basic’ Endura shorts. Every crash would probably just tear cheap shorts, whereas the Endura’s just take it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Scotsman moaning about prices’ is closed to new replies.