Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SC Blur Classic owners, what are they like??
  • hicksville
    Free Member

What are the Blurs like, especially the older ones? Any good as an enduro bike/marathon bike? Are they reliable, or do they eat bearings? ? Can you run a longer fork say 125mm?

Thanks

aP
    Free Member

I had a Classic Blur for 5 years. I liked it a lot, I ran 120mm forks on it for 3 of those 5 years. I still had the original bearings when I replaced it with a Spider FRO as I wanted something a little lighter.

singlespeedstu

I used a 125mm fork on my old school Blur.

Worked very well.

It didn’t seem to slow the steering down any but raised the BB off the ground a bit more. Which helped reduce pedal stikes in ruts.

I got through two sets of bearings in four years.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Have had my Classic Blur for about 5 and a half years and still in regular use. Bearings can be a problem I guess – I have had 3 or 4 sets in that time but the bike is doing 2-3 thousand miles a year and a lot of that in the Woburn sand pits. I have the original Fox 100 Float fork still going strong but will replace this with a 120 when I need to. I have always found this Blur a little too quick on steering and the feeling of being too far over the front on the downhill stuff – had a few offs over the front! It’s very fast handling on classic forest single track like Woburn or Thetford. I see my Blur growing old gracefully and lasting a few more years yet.

mudhound
    Free Member

responsive and I like the feedback from suspension and frame and very stable downhill. Catch the pedals a bit so have been thinking of a 120mm fork after 4 years.

I’m also replacing bottom link as a week of downhill guiding in alps a couple of years ago gave it a bit of a battering and can get a bit of play on seatpost/rear end. great enduro bike for long rides IMO. Classic blur so I’m not sure how strong the XC ones are. bearings not keen on wet winter rides or jetwashes.

MoreCashThanDash

Had one for a year and had to sell it as it wasn’t being used enough, as I was courting the Dark Side.

Came across a photo of it the other night and nearly cried. It looked so right. 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SC Blur Classic owners, what are they like??’ is closed to new replies.