Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Satellite signal & scaffolding … NO SIGNAL!
  • Aus
    Free Member

Our house is now smothered in scaffolding with a tin roof over the whole lot (to get our roof replaced). Have moved the satellite dish (for Freesat) onto the outside of the scaffolding as we’d lots the signal. Still no signal. Have an signal finder app, and next door’s dish for reference, and have patiently moved the dish fractionally left to right and up/down.

I installed it no probs before so wondering if the scaffolding and metal roof are messing the signal???

druidh
    Free Member
    jota180
    Free Member

I installed it no probs before so wondering if the scaffolding and metal roof are messing the signal???

As long as it has clear line of sight, no

benw
    Free Member

the scaffolding will not affect the signal,if you have put the dish up a satellite installer won’t want much to come and point it for you and save you the frustration

stewartc
    Free Member

Have you extended the coaxial cable or had to cut and rejoin it at any stage, just a thought?

Aus
    Free Member

thanks all. Clear line of sight, or in exactly the same line as before when it worked perfectly. No cutting of cables, and I’ve also made clean joins to the connectors. Bizarre. But we’ve now decided to gracefully accept defeat and have no TV for a month or so 😯 and hope when I remount it in its old position, all is well!

alfabus
    Free Member

But we’ve now decided to gracefully accept defeat and have no TV for a month or so

18 months and counting for me now – no regrets, and lots more time to fettle and ride bikes 🙂

Enjoy it!

Dave

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Satellite signal & scaffolding … NO SIGNAL!’ is closed to new replies.