Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Satellite feed to a TV
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We are wanting to fit a small TV in our kitchen/diner and I was planning on taking a feed from our Sky box around the house and into the new set but it just occurred to me – our satellite dish is directly above the place we would put the new set.

So the question is – can I take a feed directly from the dish and into the TV (assuming I get a TV with built-in Freeview of course)? The dish has a quad LNB with one feed free.

Cheers

M

uplink
    Free Member

you'd need built in freesat [not freeview]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ahh yes – good point. But if it was built-in I could do it easily then?

uplink
    Free Member

yes – straight connection in

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to buy a cheap freesat box [~£30] & stick it somewhere unobtrusive & run AV cables to the TV

You may struggle to find a small TV with freesat built in but I'm a bit out of touch now so maybe you can

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to buy a cheap freesat box [~£30] & stick it somewhere unobtrusive & run AV cables to the TV

You may struggle to find a small TV with freesat built in but I'm a bit out of touch now so maybe you can
    It is to go on a wall above work surfaces and near a sink etc so no room for a box unfortunately (and I want to keep wires etc to a minimum).

simon_g

32" is the smallest freesat TV I've seen. Most freesat boxes are small enough to stick to the back of a 19" TV though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Satellite feed to a TV’ is closed to new replies.