Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Cavendish in Tour de Suisse crash
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

Just locked bars in a sprint finish. Looked like the fault of Hausler. He hit the deck hard and was run over by a couple of following bikes. Looks like he took a decent hit to the head on impact and then from another bike.

Hausler is pretty badly cut up but OK. No sign of Cav so far. Ambulances on scene.

Hope he's OK.

colnagokid

It looked like it was Cav's fault to me!

Schweiz
    Free Member

Hard to say. Hausler moved to Cav first but then the final collision occurred when Cav shifted position.

speaker2animals

I have to say that on the TV it certainly looked like Cavendish was most at fault. Both he and Hausler drifted together but Cav's bike was really going side to side big time and it looked like Hausler's wheel actually went up over Cav's wheel and fetched em both off. I have to say I think HH was coming up fast and looked like he was going to just pip the sprint (IMHO). Wouldn't say it was Cav's fault but his sprint seemed the messiest and I think lead to the accident. Looked nasty though. Wonder of either will start tomorrow? Wouldn't be surprised if HTC pull Cav even if he isn't too bad as no doubt their biggest concern is getting him to the Tour for wins and a bid (?) at the green jersey. Even though I don't like him I do hope he is OK, as I do all of the fallers.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Agree with you that Hausler seemed to be making ground and would probably have won, although I think that Cav was still ahead by half a wheel at the point of impact.

Marge
    Free Member

Just watched this on telly.
    For me that was caused by Cav. He'd already squeezed Ciolek to the point he had to back out of it & he just kept drifting to his left. Hausler was coming through & the inevitable occurred…

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

looks to me to not be cav's fault

stevemakin

looks to me that Cavs front wheel collapsed

brakes
    Free Member

doesn't look to be anyone's fault really
    his wheel collapses because Hausler rides over it
    Cav looks a bit confused more than anything

Kuco

To me it looks like it's 50/50 they both kind of went into each other.

69er
    Free Member

I think you're being generous to Cav…..

Those carbon rims fold up nicely though, must get some!

adeward
    Free Member

it looks like cav's wheel collapses but think it was a failure as he seems to far forward to have his wheel run over, but cav was the one changing direction the other guy was riding straight ,,
    how long before uci has knee jerk reaction and bans carbon!

Dougal
    Free Member

Cav looks a bit confused more than anything

Cav always looks like that.

Cav's fault. Look at his line compared to the yellow crossing painted on the road, he's coming across to screen-right pretty fast. No doubt we'll have to put up with loads of him mouthing off over the next few days.

project
    Free Member

Poor old cav,hope him and the rest ofthe riders are ok, looks a reallly nasty crash with a big C.

showerman
    Free Member

wheel is alright no damage when looking in slowmo the wheel went from under him making it look like it folded but it did not, would not like to say whos fault it was possibly cav just lost the front in the contact he was having with Hausler,but the guy who rode in to cavs head did he take some air time or what and landing on his back that must of hurt. 😥

br
    Free Member

Racing incident, caused by Cav.

But a racing incident all the same.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

huss rode in cav's wheel,if cav had kept his line ???

colnagokid

Link didnt work!
    But a picture clearly shows a broken front wheel!

colnagokid

try again!
    Click the blue text about Cavs wheel

project
    Free Member

On the picture above theres red blood on Cavs arm, i always thought he was full of oil and electronics,like some highly tuned car.

tails
    Free Member

And that ladies and gents is why helmets are good and TJ is just okay 🙂

anokdale
    Free Member

Ouch, that would have stung in the shower afterwards.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm a bad person, but my first thought (after "ooooof") was "I do not want to hear him talking about whose fault this is".

And TJ would recommend wearing a helmet if sprinting on the road, as the risk of a high-speed collision is very high. 😉

FuzzyWuzzy

Cav moved over, Haussler leaned into him to fend him off but misjudged it and over-balanced and ended up riding his front wheel over Cav's. So a bit 50/50 but obviously wouldn't have happened if Cav had held his line. The wheel clearly folds to after being ridden over, it just pops back into shape after.

ojom
    Free Member

Interesting to see the slow mo 'anatomy of a crash' type thing. Shows the head hitting the ground with quite a thump.

Do hope they are all ok – that would have been pretty scary. One minute GO GO GO and then OWWW.

surfer
    Free Member

And that ladies and gents is why helmets are good

+1 the back of Haussler's head would be in a bad way today if he didnt have a helmet on. One thing to note is that quite often helmet straps are left quite loose and this can be seen from the next few seconds of the video. Fortunately the bulk of the impact had happened.

Is anybody seriously saying helmets are not a good thing?

Nezbo
    Free Member

Cav defo cut across and was not holding his line (like always) but on saying that his wheel just folded in half, and then back again. that wheel did someting strange…

tragically1969
    Free Member

+1 the back of Haussler's head would be in a bad way today if he didnt have a helmet on

/ Anti helmet mode on

Ahhh but how do you KNOW that ?

/ Anti helmet mode off

surfer
    Free Member

Ahhh but how do you KNOW that ?

🙄

tragically1969
    Free Member

🙄 I was being facetious, nevermind…..

phil.w
    Free Member

watching the video again, it does look like Hausler barges Cav with his shoulder at 53sec in? link

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

In this shot his front wheel looks folded, but on the video it's round again afterwards!

BigJohn

That's just Cav's immense aura forcing the very fabric of the earth's surface to submit to his power.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Officially Cav's fault:
    Link

glenh
    Free Member

Officials made the right decision I think, from what I've seen on the videos, although 30s doesn't seem much if you consider he managed to take some of his rival out of the race!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Looks like he came off best too – starting todays stage, while others out with fractured pelvis (ouch)

Bit of a token fine for cav anyway – £118 not exactly big dosh is it?

myheadsashed

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4557/Tour-de-Suisse-Peloton-holds-protest-against-Cavendish-for-stage-four-crash.aspx

I thought sprinters where supposed to be aggressive?

I spit on you…… 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

Cavendish is a bawbag, clearly the peloton think so too.

fisha
    Free Member

looking at the vids it does look as though its the right decision and cav's fault.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ouch – watching the video seems that there some big crashes further down the field too. Hope everyone is ok.

Video is at the bottom of this link

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/4549/Tour-de-Suisse-Massive-crash-in-stage-four-finale-takes-out-top-sprinters.aspx

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Cavendish in Tour de Suisse crash’ is closed to new replies.