Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • sat in the captain kid with a cold beer
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

admiring the thames.

Just thought i’d share the moment

crispy
    Free Member

Nice!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just on the right side of the moat….!

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Kick Rude Boy in the Thames!
    Nobody will notice!

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just leave before he arrives 😛

Anna-B
    Free Member

Kick Rude Boy in the Thames

Ouch!

Houns

No don’t do that – The poor aquatic life in the Thames couldn’t cope with that much $h!te being dumped into it in one go 😆

RepacK
    Free Member

What aquatic life? The last thing with any sense to swim in the Thames died! By that I mean that whale the other yr..

mogrim

Surely you could have gone to the Prospect of Whitby if you’re really stuck on the slummy side of the river?

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Used to drink in the Captain Kidd 20 years ago. Happy days.

Technically I’m still barred from the Prospect of Whitby after the incident with the Tequila and the landlady. Irrelevant really seeing as I am now over 200 miles away. 😀

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Kick Rude Boy in the Thames!
    Nobody will notice!

Do you know how much time, effort and money has been spent on cleaning up That London’s famous River Thames? And how it’s now one of the cleanest urban rivers on Earth (True dat, y’now)? Houns speaks sense.

mogrim – Member

Surely you could have gone to the Prospect of Whitby if you’re really stuck on the slummy side of the river?

You shall also go in ze book….

Baron; do tell! Please! I love tales of pub bannings!

I was myself once banned from the Kidd. The layndlord caught me smoking a spliff outside in the ‘beer garden’ area. Since then, I have been forgiven, and have fixed his bike up for him. Top bloke, actually.

Top pub, an’ all. Highly recommended. The Prospect is a nice pub, as they all are, down there, really, but the Kidd is more ‘comfortable’. And serves nicer beer, imo.

Baron_von_drais
    Free Member

Used to call in every night on the way home from work. Me and my mate Barney got a bit shirty (allegedly) when they ran out of tequila and limes, It was our fault for drinking it all in one session.

Anyway, landlady got a bit upset and banned us. We only found out the following night. Conversation with Murph the barman went along the following lines:

Us: Evening Murph
    Murph: Evening. You’re banned.
    Us: Why? Who by?
    Murph: “Landlady” (Can’t remember her name)
    Us: Is she in?
    Murph: No
    Us: Two pints of Guinness please.
    Murph: No problem.

Continued to drink there for another six months before moving to the Isle of Dogs where The Watermans Arms became my watering hole of choice followed by a Jalfrezi in the Gaylord. Happy Days indeed.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

followed by a Jalfrezi in the Gaylord

The Gaylord is still there! Never eaten there myself, but I’ve heard good stuff about it.

I went to school at that horrible concrete monstrosity opposite; George Green School. What a dump. I play footy there on Monday nights, now.

I live on the Teviot now. Proper shitehole. I’d rather the journey back from the Kidd, than drink in any of the ‘pubs’ round here…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘sat in the captain kid with a cold beer’ is closed to new replies.