Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Sam Pilgrim and illegal trail building?
  • poah
    Free Member

Jesus wept.

?

Blackflag
    Free Member

it is actually – criminal damage to someones property and uprooting of wild plants.

Jesus wept.

You may mock but i’m doing a 10 year stretch for skidding on some dandelions by our local park. These are difficult times.

andylc
    Free Member

Can’t you sue them for personal injury on the basis of the low friction dandelions?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ever since National Trust used their block vote to overrule their members in the banning of trail hunting with dogs (a cover for illegal fox hunting) ive concluded its my public duty to do as much illegal riding as possible on their land.

Can’t fault you for that. It’s why me & the Mrs cancelled our NT membership.
    Not that they seemed to give a shite when I told them why.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

it is actually – criminal damage to someones property and uprooting of wild plants

Any bluebells in there? The fines are big numbers

Sandwich

Any bluebells in there?

Only for the English ones, those Spanish ones can **** right off. Hostile environment time for the Spanish ones.

cooie

In the grand scheme of things, who really gives a shit?

jonostevens
    Free Member

If it’s where I think it is, yes there will be native bluebells in there, and he’ll be creating a load of grief for committed locals who have worked really hard with the National Trust for years to get their riding area recognised. It’s a small area, with regular user conflict and sensitive designations and this won’t be helping anyone.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Are bluebells this years baby robins?….

jonostevens
    Free Member

Dunno, but they’re protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seagulls are protected, so Bluebells are aligning themselves with the vermin.

Classy.

DavidBelstein
    Free Member

Haha!

Poopscoop

Rule 1 infraction and boring as hell to watch anyway.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Has he styled himself on Lee Nelson?

https://images.app.goo.gl/LAQNDLxq8J5vUfgA7

Marin
    Free Member

Never heard of him until now, just put him on my Death List.

Blackflag
    Free Member

Has he styled himself on Lee Nelson?

Ha ha. Lee Nelson’s more embarrassing uncle.

raincloud
    Free Member

Like how this “mountain bike forum” is full of people who have never heard of a former downhill racer/ slopestyle competitor / freeride mountain bike world champion /rampage competitor / crankworx competitor /urban downhill rider who is sponsored by Monster Energy / Go Pro / Swatch / Haibike.

Just saying…apparently now going on someones Death List….

Met him once at Chicksands, seemed a pretty cool guy. (I know “cool story bro”…)

scotroutes

Like how this “mountain bike forum” is full of people who have never heard of a former downhill racer/ slopestyle competitor / freeride mountain bike world champion /rampage competitor / crankworx competitor /urban downhill rider who is sponsored by Monster Energy / Go Pro / Swatch / Haibike.

I’m not interested in competition at all and rarely watch videos of other folk riding bikes. I’d much rather be riding myself. I couldn’t even tell you what “slopestyle”, “freeride”, Crankworz are.

alpin
    Free Member

Well he obviously needs a decent manager /promo guy…

I think his attitude is crap with regards to ragging his ebike through the woods and building trails.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Just saying…apparently now going on someones Death List….

Aye, that comment was proper 12 year old fat kid stuff.

Klunk
    Free Member

lol at the fanboi. How often do pro mtbers come up on a question of sport ? (not that i watch it) I’d put money on they’ve never come up or ever been a panel member. Downhill & Cross Country are duller than darts.

tomhoward

lol at the fanboi. How often do pro mtbers come up on a question of sport ? (not that i watch it) I’d put money on they’ve never come up or ever been a panel member.

Rach Atherton has been on it. As a panellist, not just a question answer.

Sam Pilgrim has been on Take Me Out.

Klunk
    Free Member

seems like I lost my bet, should do a quick edit and add “male”. 🙂

matt_outandabout

Sam Pilgrim has been on Take Me Out.

He works in early years education?

http://takemeoutproject.eu/

tomhoward

No likey, no bikey…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A question of sport! Ahahahahaha!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

argee

Quite like his stuff on youtube, he shows the amount of effort needed, not just the clean jumps at the end of a days riding. As for ‘illegal’ trail building, i’m more worried about those who keep messing around with trails and building daft jumps/ramps that aren’t properly thought out or built, doubt Sam Pilgrim builds poor stuff, so should be useful for others after he’s finished.

jonostevens
    Free Member

He is regularly in those woods filming videos (at the place where the trails are permitted) and he’s great with the kids there. My mate’s boy met Sam there very recently whilst he was filming and he had loads of time for all the young riders, so from most accounts he’s a really good guy.

This one is very misguided though. He’s a hero to the local kids and if they go and start following the ideas in this film there’s a very real chance of undoing a lot of hard work.

raincloud
    Free Member

A question of sport?

Downhill and XC duller than darts?

🙄

OwenP

I watched the video, expecting to see some serious damage from some of the comments above. The video shows a guy clearing bracken where it has completely dominated a hillside below a woodland, which is generally considered to be a land management issue.

Obviously I watched it with the sound off in case he said something youthful which would anger me, but genuinely his trail was clearing dead bracken with occasional bramble in the winter. There was a small area of heathland habitat at the top which appeared largely unscathed. The loam scraping under the bracken is arguably beneficial in terms of exposure of bracken rhizomes and reducing regrowth to allow other species to colonise. It’s winter, so the disturbance isn’t a ground nesting bird issue and the trail went across the hill (ish) so erosion probably won’t kick off.

Perhaps it was more by accident than design, but the location and timing of this little activity seems ecologically neutral and could have been much more damaging elsewhere, permission debate aside. Just for balance, like.

seosamh77
    Free Member

The video shows a guy clearing bracken where it has completely dominated a hillside below a woodland.

Aye I suspect people up in arms haven’t actually watched what he does. The trails would be reclaimed after a winter in most case, bit of raking here and there and shifting the odd bit of dirt.

He’s hardly destroying pristine areas.

poah
    Free Member

Aye I suspect people up in arms haven’t actually watched what he does. The trails would be reclaimed after a winter in most case, bit of raking here and there and shifting the odd bit of dirt.

No wonder our society is borked with that kind of attitude.

RichPenny
    Free Member

DOOMED!

scotroutes

Is the issue what he has done here, or the impression it gives to others? With no warnings/guidance/recommendations about identifying suitable locations it’s easy to see how some folk will just crack on without thinking.

I liken this to camp fires. It’s possible to have one without causing any damage but few folk take the time to find out how and end up causing both litter and damage (sometimes with fatal consequences).

People advocating chopping stuff down and digging have a responsibility to make sure folk they’re showing it to have some understanding of the environment and the impact it could have for access generally.

seosamh77
    Free Member

poah

No wonder our society is borked with that kind of attitude.

Aye, society is gubbed cause of someone with a spade clearing leaves and brambles in a area that sees little usage.

Solved all of societies ills right there ye have! 😆

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Like how this “mountain bike forum” is full of people who have never heard of a former downhill racer/ slopestyle competitor / freeride mountain bike world champion /rampage competitor / crankworx competitor /urban downhill rider who is sponsored by Monster Energy / Go Pro / Swatch / Haibike

Pmsl did you copy that from wiki the guys raced down stairs in Mexico hardly a dhiller although you may want to watch his pre ride of the croatia wc track to make up your own mind .he was tightly rinsed for it too .
    As mentioned several times recently he’s a great bloke in real life but comes across as a bit of a dick on his Chanel.
    His fans love him for it and some have even made it on here to defend him.
    My personal view is he hasn’t done much wrong in he grand scheme of things in this video but he needs to set more of an example but he’s done a hell of a lot worse in older videos .
    Flying down stairs into pedestrians generally being a dick Infront of oncoming traffic .

Do I really care ….not really I’m a big believer in what goes around comes around and one day it will happen and let’s all pray it’s not his free fox 40,s that he’s fitted with a shovel and sledge hammer that result in his unfortunate fate

daveylad
    Free Member

Agree he is a bit of a dick. But not even close to the majority of dicks on this so called Mtb forum.
    Singletrack, For the few, not the many.

jkomo

Is he the small guy that sells cheese on a horse?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No wonder our society is borked with that kind of attitude

Right ye are. 😂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Definitely more talent on a bike than everyone on this forum, barring a few notable exceptions. Maybe.

Clearly a genius at parody, the success of which can be determined by some of the responses shown here.

A bit irresponsible at times. Anyone on here remember being young?

Builds a few trails, the kind of thing that got me into BMX back in the day. Gallic shrug from me, you can see plenty of other unnatural features in the background of the video.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Sam Pilgrim and illegal trail building?’ is closed to new replies.