Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Salsa Vaya steel fork – does anyone sell them?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got my eye on a forkless frame. I can’t find anyone that sells a Vaya 700c fork, is the distributor the only supplier? I wasn’t a huge fan of Project II forks.

tommid
    Free Member

http://activesport.co.uk/shop/article_FKSAV6K/Salsa-Vaya-Road-Fork-26%22-disc-only.html?pse=coa

I know there are some Euro shops that ship to the UK stocking them as well.

qwerty
    Free Member

Triton Cycles?

haggis1978

Wiggle def sell Salsa forks but not sure of the Vaya. I had to wait around 4 months for my cromoto recently though so there might be in issue with supply somewhere

gee
    Free Member

The Vaya fork had a recall due to disc mount failure – worth checking you aren’t buying a recalled fork.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Vaya fork had a recall due to disc mount failure – worth checking you aren’t buying a recalled fork.

The previous owner returned the forks for the recall then got a credit for something else.

The ones listed above state 26 inch wheel only.

khani
    Free Member

Anywhere with an Ison account can order one, and there’s not many shops who don’t have an account with em,
    Ison are showing them as in stock so a local LBS should be able to get one in a couple of days..
    There’s a dealer locater on the Ison website.

tomd
    Free Member

dales in Glasgow have just ordered a salsa fork for me no problems.

SidewaysTim

As above, anyone can get you one. I’m ordering today if you want one – they are all available.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

As above, anyone can get you one. I’m ordering today if you want one – they are all available

Tim, could you quote me a price plus postage to Fife?

SidewaysTim

£100 give me a call if you want some.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Excellent, new (to me) frame and forks incoming for more adventures.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez MC, how many touring steeds do you have in your fLOLtilla now?

ton

Peter, 28c tyres on the fargo…. 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Jeez MC, how many touring steeds do you have in your fLOLtilla now?

Al, I’m going to strip and sell my Harry Hall.

n+1-1

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve a set of 1 ride old Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres in 700mm x 35mm if you need them?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve a set of 1 ride old Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyres in 700mm x 35mm if you need them?

I may have a pair already in my tyre mountain.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No dramas, I’ll bung ’em on over there —->

takisawa2

Have you still got the Fargo McMoonter…?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Have you still got the Fargo McMoonter…?

Yes, its the bike I’ve probably ridden most in the last year. I think I should have gone a size bigger for my height to a large. If I could find someone who made the same mistake the other way around Id be happy to switch frames.

I’ve got a notion to do the GDMBR next year. I don’t know if I’d rather do it on the Fargo or El Mariachi. Boblo and I are going to Idaho, Oregon and California in September bikepacking so I’ll have a better idea of what bike would be best for my needs.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The Vaya frame arrived this afternoon, thanks Federalski. Jeez it’s orange. When the forks arrive I’ll get it built up.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Oooof!! That is bright..

I was going to get mine in that colour.

Quite glad I went for the Grey! 😉

khani
    Free Member

The head tube looks like it’s been cut wonky..
    It look enormous..

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Oooof!! That is bright..

It’s mouth-wateringly citrus Orange.

The head tube looks like it’s been cut wonky..
    It look enormous..

I think that’s just distortion in the camera phone lens.

I checked the standover height on the Salsa website against my Roberts, it’s a couple of centimetres lower. I think the sloping top tube and the extended headtube makes it look more gate like. It’s a 58cm frame.

Forks arrived this morning. I just need a star fangled nut to build it up tomorrow.

khani
    Free Member

58cm isn’t enormous it must be the pics, enjoy 🙂
    Your floors begging for a mop and polish though..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

They do come with huge head tubes…
    Mines a 56cm and it’s mahoosive.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Your floors begging for a mop and polish though..

I gave it a quick wipe over.

khani
    Free Member

🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Cant quite work out what’s going on in the pic on the right . . . (Sorry off topic but im intrigued!)

martinxyz
    Free Member

It’s Charlie Dimmock begging Alan Titchmarsh for another game of hopscotch on Mcmoonters floor.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Cant quite work out what’s going on in the pic on the right . . . (Sorry off topic but im intrigued!)

It’s a bit random. It’s a painting by my uncle when he was a student at the Royal College of Art in the late 60s. It a sailor and a hooker at the dock gates in Leith with a red car.

It’s Charlie Dimmock begging Alan Titchmarsh for another game of hopscotch on Mcmoonters floor.

So you weren’t that far out. 🙂

mansonsoul
    Free Member

While we’re on the topic of Salsa Vayas… does anyone have any thoughts on sizing?

I can’t find anywhere in Bristol locale to actually try one out, and I’m not experienced at road bike sizing. I’m about 172cm tall, I ride an 18″ mtb.

I’m wary of being at the top end of Salsa’s sizing chart for the 54cm, and the bottom of the 55cm. Any real world fit opinions?

shandcycles
    Free Member

Might be a bit late to the party here MC but we have a couple of pairs of 700 Salsa forks that we’d let go cheap.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Salsa Vaya steel fork – does anyone sell them?’ is closed to new replies.