Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Salisbury pub recommendations.
  • notlocal
    Free Member

Heading to Salisbury for work soon. Staying a couple of days, so would appreciate recommendations for decent pubs in the area.TIA

matt_outandabout

Welcome, comrade

SaxonRider

I have nothing to offer except the suggestion of avoiding Italian restaurants in the region. 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

I hear the Cathedral is a must see attraction comrade

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Malet, Newton Tony. Have the burger, rare. It’s not like other burgers, but I’ve been eating them for 20+ years and keep going back! Noel, the landlord, is also involved with local deer farming, so if there’s venison on the menu, it’s always excellent. Bit out of the city,  but worth the trip.

The Wyndham Arms, for a pint or seven of the mighty, mighty Hopback.

Haunch of Venison for a bit of a historical visit.

Not pub suggestions,

Anokaa, in Fisherton Street. Just up the road from a rather excellent bike shop, is great for a modern take on curry.

Coffee Culture, opposite the aforementioned bike shop. Really good coffee, tasty sarnies and good cake.

Reeves the Baker. A city institution. Cheese straws all round!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Welcome, comrade

🤣🥊☄️

malgrey
    Free Member

My info is somewhat out of date (20 yrs!) but you have to visit the Haunch of Venison at least for a pint. Unique old pub.

My other haunt was the then Hopback brewery’s brewery tap, the Wyndham Arms, which I believe is still a “proper” local pub (no food!).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s a bit more than 20yrs, malgrey…

😉

notlocal
    Free Member
    Spasibo, tovarishchi. I'll make sure to be dressed appropriately. 
    Which shoes for EPDM? 

jerrys
    Free Member

I agree with most of CFH’s suggestions.

The Pheasant near Salt Lane Car park is also not bad.

The Rai D’or on Brown Street does good thai food in a pub atmosphere  (although I haven’t been in this one myself for ages).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Salisbury pub recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.