Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)
  • Russle brand 'the trews'?
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

anyone else watch his youboob videos?
    interesting and Lol funny, I am now a ‘fan’ …. will I die? 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

There are so many things wrong here.

AlexSimon

“but I searched for ‘russle brand’ and nothing came up!?”

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d be willing to say this was a troll if I’d not seen the OPs posts before

iolo
    Free Member

I can’t abide the monotonous , I use big words me so I must be funny, prat!

binners

The last word on the revolutionary, spiritual, lothario simpleton, as with a lot of subjects, must surely go to Noel Gallagher:

“Well, I love Russell but he don’t half talk out of his arse sometimes,”

“I was out with him the other night and he says it with a straight face. ‘There is going to be a revolution.’ And I’m like, ‘F**king hell, mate, give us a shout when you’re going down The Mall with your pitchforks and that, I’ll come and serenade you with my loot before we eat the Queen.”

“He says, ‘Come on mate, back us’ and I’m like, ‘If you make me the Duke Of Manchester then I’m in’.”

😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

infinitesimal insidious idiotic Idiosyncratic incoherent idiomatic idiocy innit.

The couple I have seen were ok but any left winger on here could have made the point just as well and less loquaciously and vaingloriously.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

gaaaawd, I Love this place 😆
    back to spelling class for me innit.

and check some of my comments on other threads because No one spells my name right!!! I feel at home. 😆

piemonster

My view on Brand is that he’s probably going to do more harm than good.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Harm? by having an opinion? how so.

binners

Pointing out that our political system is populated by self-serving tossers isn’t groundbreaking stuff, is it?

Obviously he thinks it is. Maybe its because he’s so completely self-absorbed, not to mention rich, and lives in LA, and goes everywhere in a chafeaur driven limo, that he’s only just noticed the somewhat knackered political system. Hey…. thats sobriety for you, Russ.

His suggestion as the answer to this problem – don’t vote – suggests he may want to analyse the way democracy functions a bit more closely before offering further ’solutions’

In short… he’s an idiot!

DezB
    Free Member

Will this thread turn out the same as this one?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

cheers for that DezB, I had missed that thread 😉

GrahamS

infinitesimal insidious idiotic Idiosyncratic incoherent idiomatic idiocy innit.

Parklife!

piemonster

By being a dick

As many are keen to point out. That’s the harm, the point he’s trying to make is coming second place to his personality.

Which to be fair, is probably first place for him too.

DezB
    Free Member

cheers for that DezB, I had missed that thread

No problem. All I remember from that thread was something about colostomy bags.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

piemonster – Member

By being a dick
    loads of them about tho Eh pal 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Parklife!

Damn I should have seen that one 😀

Which to be fair, is probably first place for him too.

That is both harsh and hilarious
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

Parklife!

Oi!

pitduck
    Free Member

i like him 😀

yunki
    Free Member

never ‘eard of ‘im

jambalaya
    Free Member

Obviously if you are a journalist and you ask Mr Brand about his big expensive London property that’s off message – so you get called names by the saviour of the people

Linky

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Cool, I like him even more after that, nice one 8)

kudos100
    Free Member

I think he’s great. Yes he does waffle on and uses words that are annoying, but the message he’s trying to get across is a good one.

kayla1
    Free Member

Me too. I used to dislike him, now I don’t mind him. If he gets people thinking about stuff other than white cars, granite worktops and shopping on credit, how’s that A Bad Thing?

kudos100
    Free Member

Me too. I used to dislike him, now I don’t mind him. If he gets people thinking about stuff other than white cars, granite worktops and shopping on credit, how’s that A Bad Thing?

This is STW, home of the espresso maker, german estate car and carbon MTB. Not really the target audience 😆

binners

Let me get this right…. a rich man who rents an expensive London property turns out to protest about landlords turfing people out of social housing so they can charge expensive rents to rich people?

Hmmmmmmmm….

kayla1
    Free Member

That’s a good point well made 😀

kudos100
    Free Member

That’s a good point well made

“Russell brand is a ****/full of himself/a hypocrite. Now back to more important matters, XTR or XX1 for my new bike?” 😆

El-bent
    Free Member

Let me get this right…. a rich man who rents an expensive London property turns out to protest about landlords turfing people out of social housing so they can charge expensive rents to rich people?

So a rich person cannot take this sort of action, or have an opinion on it, or even want to change it? If he was poor he would be ignored, but because he has wealth, he is somehow not allowed to pass comment on these sort of things, only poets and billy bragg types can do that I suppose.

Actually, you have fallen into the classic trap those who do not want to talk about inequality use…attack the man, to steer away from the message.

yunki
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmm….

Oh eff off you berk!! What an idiotic comment.. that’s tory lapdog thinking

So we’re now not allowed to get involved in pointing out social injustice or campaigning for change unless we live in a cardboard box and dress in sack cloth and ashes..!!?

Actually, you have fallen into the classic trap those who do not want to talk about inequality use…attack the man, to steer away from the message.

absolutely spot on..

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do I need to be homeless to point out the injustice in homlessness?

piemonster

Ooh, wonder if there’ll be any good deal on granite worktops after crimbo

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

I used to enjoy his craic on MTV Dance, years ago, before he was sacked for wearing the Bin Laden fancy dress outfit.

He used to find people in clubs who were clearly out of it and ask them tricky questions with often hilarious results.

Not a BB fan either but he was great on Big Brother’s Big Mouth. Regardez…

Northwind

binners – Member

Yes. Why not? It’d be personal hypocrisy if he was a landlord, but we all have to live in the world we have now. Thing about Brand is, he doesn’t generally claim to have the solution, he says- here’s an obviously wrong thing, which you might not know about, let’s talk about it. Not “I have all the answers to everything”.

That’s pretty refreshing tbh- a lot of the time, someone will correctly identify an obviously wrong thing, then declare some equally wrong fix, and people end up ignoring the whole thing. Nothing wrong with saying “Look here’s a problem, let’s figure out a solution” or even “Clever people- you figure out a solution”, you don’t have to have all the answers before you can tell something’s wrong.

But it does make for a convenient distraction from the actual point.

legend
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I saw that, it made me smile this morning !

jambalaya
    Free Member

Russel Brand is perfectly entitled to speak out on whatever issues he wants. However, a bit like a Labour politician is entitled to send his kids to private school but if you do so then it is right that you are challenged. Brand failed totally to met the journalists challenge.

The property concerned has been owned by a charity for 80 years, its historically been managed as a low rent property but now the charity has sold the property to the highest bidder thus gaining the most the charity. It has always been a private property. If the local authority (or Mr Brand) wanted to buy it they could have done and kept the rents as they where. I happen to live opposite a housing trust, build by donation nearly a 100 years ago. That lease is now expiring and the property will be redeveloped I imagine for the private sector. The provision of social housing is the responsibility of the government and local authorities, not the private sector.

Northwind

jambalaya – Member

However, a bit like a Labour politician is entitled to send his kids to private school but if you do so then it is right that you are challenged

Exact same thing tbh- you can speak out against a thing you disagree with while still existing within today’s world. So frinstance, if a politician said “You shouldn’t send your kids to private school” but did themselves, that’s wrong. But if they say “Private schools shouldn’t be better than state schools, that’s a thing we should fix”- it’s not relevant whether or not their kids go to private schools today, sending their kids to a state school won’t change a thing

If Russell Brand moves into one of these people’s houses, that’s news. Otherwise it’s deflection and whataboutery.

binners

My problem with this particular case is that Brand holds an inherently contradictory position. It reminds me of the phrase ‘you are not stuck in traffic. You ARE traffic. And when this uncomfortable fact is pointed out to him, he has a hissy fit.

Do you know anything about this specific case? The Guardian have been covering it in detail for a few months now, since it all began. Like the fact that the initial purchaser involved was Tory MP Richard Benson

If Brand is going to draw attention to the fact that the party in power, in their private dealings, are profiting from turfing key workers out of their homes, to cash in on their ‘investments’, while publicly preaching the opposite, then fine. Good luck to him. If he is engaging with the issue properly, and proposing doing something about the ludicrous mess our housing market presently is (homes as investments, or cash machines, rather than actual homes), or suggesting other people do then great.

But he’s not, is he? He’s just getting shouty on telly (again), and then disappearing straight off (picked up in his chauffeur driven Merc? First class flight back to LA) to plug his latest book or film.

Mind you. Its probably just as well he’s not offering more advice (lets for the moment forget the book he’s plugging – Russell tells you how to change the world. From the comfort of his LA home – with the proceeds from his latest book). When his advice amounts to ‘democracy is crap – lets all not vote!

Brilliant. Well done. You’re a ****ing genius!

Revolutionary, my arse!! Its just bloody self promotion FFS! All part of his ongoing messiah complex

He’s just another ****ing Bono. Sanctimoniously, and hypocritically lecturing other people from his ivory tower. And giving hope to the desperate and gullible. When in reality he’ll have forgotten about them by next week, and moved on to whatever target ends up in the sights with his next scattergun, nonsensical onslaught

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘Russle brand 'the trews'?’ is closed to new replies.